Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm not able to find a management of authorisation for attributes in MDM:

the authorisation level for table and for each fields is very clear in roles authorisation in MDM Console.

Unfortunatly i'm not able to find where eventually manage the authority for the create/modify action for an attribute, it seems not possible in Console.

I also tought to manage this by the constraints function Console Auth.:

for istance a different user is able to manage only some 'categories' in main table but unfortunatly the Constraint seem to be active only for tables an not for fieds.

So you have some suggestion ?

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

You cannot manage attribute authorizations from the Console level since the Console only manages down to a field level. Attributes are assigned in the Data Manager, thus no options from the Console. The best way to handle this is probably how you mentioned, from the Category level. You can go you Roles, select the Tables and Fields tab, and select the Category Constraints for each Role. Again, this will make the change for the entire category as a whole and not at an individual attribute by attribute basis. You can find the options for the fields under Products in the Tables and Fields tab. The options under the Functions to manage attributes will be applied to everything and probably doesn't fit for your scenario.

Unfortunately I don't think there is currently the ability to do exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Provision for Assigning attributes to roles is not there.

At the max assign the nodes (parent \ child) of a taxonomy table to a role.

Get back for help,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I am facing the same problem, please let me know if you find any solution to this.

my mail ID is gautam.purohit@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gautam