cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter geomaps report data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This video explains how to use geomaps reports. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to create a filter that makes it possible to select subsets of data in the top left corner of the report (in this example its "top 25 cities"). Neither have I fould a solution in the corresponding web tutorial, nor did the BO mobile report designer's guide help me solve my problem.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Top 25 cities must be an input control on cities. Did you try applying an input control on cities and applying it to the block converted as Geomap.?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

More or less coincidently, I found adding another column containing a dimension variable an appropriate solution. In my example this dimension variable is called "Top" and its values are conditional (based on the sales volume of each city, e.g. "25 cities", "50 cities", etc.). As a result, you can then choose from these conditional values in the top left corner of the report. Hope this makes sense without actually seeing the report.

Anyway, have you implemented an input control achieving the same effect? If yes, what does your input control look like? I didn't get it to work using an input control, but I would like to try an alternative approch.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see all the dimensions columns that are placed  on the left of POI. Di you try adding one or two more to see what is the maximum additional dimensions we can have for filtering on geo-map charts.

At the moment, I can't think of alternate approach for your issue. lets hope others will chip in with any other work around.

Thanks

Mallik

Answers (0)