cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize SAP login screen for SAP support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a security/legal information banner/pop-up while logging into our SAP systems. A (bonafide) user can log into the system only after he "accept and acknowledge" the notice. However, when we need the SAP OSS team to log in to these systems for their support, they would like to eliminate this step of accept and acknowledge of the notice. We implement this by by-passing the notice pop-up for the user IDs that we provide to SAP OSS- for example SAP01-SAP99.

Is it possible to implement this in a more secure manner? Is it possible to customize the SAP logon screen based on the connection source of the user? Would appreciate any views and comments on this.

Thank you,

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

In my opinion, regardless where the connection is coming from for the system the user is a dialog user, so from that point of view I don't think you will be able to code it so it takes the connection sourse into account.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the quick response. I understood that in our case the user IDs for SAP support- SAP01-99 are hardcoded. This restricts the pop-up, at least upto a certain level. Can this be implemented in other ways?

One typical case: a user tries to log in to SAP from an iphone. However, SAP freezes after clicking OK to the pop-up. This could be eliminated if the source of login was maybe taken into account. 

Answers (0)