cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling problem: Calendar: US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SCM Experts,

I try to load the capacity of the work center in the Interactive Supply Network Planning and receive this message error.

The resource (work center) in SCM server is as below. All resources are US work centers.

Would you please advise me how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

It is unusual to define a resource to exist 360 days in the past.  Typically the number is 30.  You may have special business reasons for doing so.

I believe the error you're getting is related to calendar daylight savings time.  When you get into time zones and calendars, there's not always an easy answer.

You can try applying the following SAP Notes:

If you still have the problem after applying those Notes, you can try these:

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maclean,

Thank you for great helpful explanation. Fortunately, I have resolved this issue. This is how I did to troubleshoot the issue based on your advice:

1. I went to SAP Implementation Guide (SPRO) and searched for "Daylight saving time" but it is not found in the structure. Then I thought your suggestion could be something inside the setting of Factory Calendar of USA.

2. Thus, I searched again with the term "Factory Calendar" and hooray, I got it.

3. Next, I checked the Holiday Calendar and Factory Calendar of USA and found out that their validity is only up to 2010 !!! I realized that this is the root cause of the error message. Therefore, I changed the Valid To of these calendars in USA to the year 2020 so as to make it eligible.

4. After saving them, I returned to Interactive Supply Network Planning and run Location Heuristic, load Capacity Check at a resource. Everything has been worked marvelously.

About your given SAP notes, the SAP note 1029150 is closely matching the error message. However, it is applicable for SAP SCM 5.0 or less. Our SAP SCM is 7.0 so it is alerted by the system that the note can not be implemented after downloading. I thank you for these helpful SAP notes.

One last thing, you mentioned that the past planning resource parameter is typically 30. May I ask you that is it applied for the planning in next 12 months as well ? Is there any special planning case to define different the past planning resource parameter at work centers?

Kind regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

When resources are transferred from ECC, the value is taken from the APO table /SAPAPO/RESLCT. There should be only one value in the table.  What you find typically is that the table has two entries, -30 to 180 and -30 to 360.  The first value is chosen.  There is some transaction to set the value in the table but I don't remember it.  I usually edit the tabel directly.  The values set in transaction CFC9 in ECC don't set the range for resource validity.  This can be confusing.  As far as I know, there is only one range that can be set.  Just set it for the longest time your business process needs it to be defined for and periodically run /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN to renew the validity in liveCache.

If your business process needs something more than 30 days in the past, go right ahead.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you for helpful information. I will try those transactions that you suggested.

Regards,

Danny

Answers (0)