cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failing 'OData Channel Generation Tool' - issue with IW_BEP add-on in ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am failing to use the 'OData Channel Generation Tool' to develop the back-end functionality for an ODATA service using Gateway.

In TCode SPRO: SAP NetWeaver --> Gateway Business Suite Enablement -->  Backend OData Channel  --> Service Development for Backend OData Channel  --> OData Channel Generation Tool.

When I point the code generator to an existing ABAP package, the generation of the ABAP classes fails and I get the following error message:

Generation failed! 'No task for editing objects can be determined. Diagnosis One or more objects could not be checked for editing because no suitable task was found. "1" was defined as proposed request. This request is'

Message no. /IWBEP/CM_MGW_GENER002

But if the generated classes are created as local object using the $TMP package, the code generator works fine.

I  do not understand the context of 'No task for editing objects can be determined'. Is that a task within a transport request?

At the beginning, the ERP system was based on:

Component     Software     SP-Level        Description 

SAP_BASIS    731              0002              SAPKB73102    SAP Basis Component

IW_BEP          200              0003              SAPK-20003INIWBEP    Backend Event Provider

Facing the described issue, I upgraded the IW_BEP add-on up to the highest SP-Level 0006.

After upgrading the Add-on, the situation became even worth. The described issue still exists and the SAP code generator does not work properly anymore. Some of the generated interfaces contain types that have never been defined.

How can I fix both issues?

Many thanks for your help!

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I suggest to move this thread to SAP Netweaver Gateway http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway, so as to get more active participation for the issue.

Regards,

Akshay.