cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC to two PI systems (IDocs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have ecc system connected to two PI systems. We have partner profiles and ALE distribution model setup for ORDERS05 for both the PI systems. Once in a while we have a requirement to to send the IDoc just to one Pi system and not to the other and visaversa.

How can this be handled.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better design is supressing IDoc at ECC level and sending to only desired PI system but this is really tricky may be take help from functional team not to create an IDoc in some conditional scenarios or ask ABAP team to add one flag in IDoc then supress in PI level at receiver determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I did not make myself clear. Sorry for that.

Scenario:

IDOC (ECC) >> PI >> Legacy

We have to two production PI (P1 and P2) systems. Today Orders05 is sent from ECC to P1. Soon P2 will will also be connected to same ECC.

I need some kind of flexibility that when needed I can route the Orders IDOc from ECC to which ever PI

I want i.e send IDocs to P1 or P2 if either one of the system goes down for maintenace and to ensure business continuity.

But at the same time I do not want the IDocs to flow to both P1 and P2 at the same time.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You can do conditional based routing i.e depending upon the value of a field say 'RCVPRN' you can route it to appropriate receiver. Just identify the value from the payload of the message which you are sending through.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Xpath+Condition+in+Receiver+Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

If I understand you correctly, you have one SAP ECC pointing to two SAP PI systems. If so, have you considered creating a conditional rule in the Receiver Determination?  Depending on what is your criteria, you can make sure that that particular SAP PI which shouldn't send the IDoc out would filter out and not send the IDoc.

Hope that helps.