cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC in Netweaver 7.0 -- ECC 6.0 (EhP 5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have an ECC 6.0 System (Running on NW 7.02).  I am looking for a guide that will direct us how to implement SNC for Desktop SAPGUI to Application server traffic.

I note on this page it says:

You can only use the SAP Cryptographic Library for SNC between server components. If you want to use SNC for front-end components (for example, SAP GUI for Windows), then you must purchase an SNC-certified partner product.

1. Where can I find a list of these "SNC-Certified Partners"?

2. Does anyone have a recommendation on a product?

3. Is there a guide that walks through to to implement SNC for SAPGUI Client to AS ABAP traffic?

Many thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

do you want to encrypt the trafiic or do you want to enable SSO with SNC?

The SNC (Secure Network Communication) Client Encryption is an optional feature for SAP GUI and the SAP NetWeaver technology platform which is available free if charge. For detailed information, please refer to SAP Note 1643878.

For Single-Sign On, Tim is correct and this is an additional feature you can buy from a partner of SAP or from SAP.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I thought last night after I posted I was missing a few crucial details.  I apologize for this lapse.  SSO and authentication is not a need we're looking to fulfill with SNC.  Our goal is to encrypt network communications.

Another important piece is we are running Solaris 10.

So if I understand you correctly, given our goal no additional software is needed but rather we can use SAP's standard cryptographic library?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, correct, if you are only interested in encryption and username/password based authentication for the SAPGUI is ok for you, please refer to SAP Note 1643878.

As long it is Solaris 10 64bit on the server side (I guess you are not talking about the client systems here, right?), everything you need is the updated crypto lib. However you might need to update your SAPGUI release as well, as the new crypto only support only works starting with SAP GUI 7.20 Patch Level 7 and higher.

All the prerequisites are discussed in the note in more details.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a 7.30 Patch level that we must be at in order to use this solution?  We currently use SAPGUI For Windows 7.30 Patch 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

the SAP-GUI patchlevel should be ok. However please check, that your ABAP systems are also at the right patchlevel for this to work. see note 1561161 for details, as initially the ABAP system did not support username/password logon with SNC enabled.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  We should be good on that front as we are at Basis 702 SP 12.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You can find list of SNC certified products if you look on SAP EcoHub (and SAP Store). Here you can search for SNC and you will find products which are SAP certified and including an SNC library.

2. It is not appropriate to recommend products on SCN. You need to review the products and make your own decision.

3. The guide will be specific to the product you use.