cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog search (TREX)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you search in CCM 2.0 using the TREX? Any configuration guides?

What are the other benefits of using the TREX within a usual procurement implementation.

regards

Unni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Unni

Yes. You use TREX for searching CCM catalogs in SRM.

You can find the TREX configuration guides in :http://service.sap.com/instguides

Check in netweaver section.

You can also use TREX for indexing & searching. For example, you can use TREX to search contracts and attachments in contracts.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramki,

First of all , impressed with the vast of your knowledge !.

I have one doubt.

My interpretation of TREX functionality was: for indexing.

i.e. the data packages will be sent from CAT to TREX through RFC for publishing and TREX will index the data in what ever way the SC requestor wants e.g. alphabetically or may be sorting order.

The searching for EBP is the responcibility of CSE.

Pl. throw some light !.

Also, can you ellaborate the chain of functions or rather interlinking among CSE,TREX, OCI and EBP.

BR

Dinesh

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh,

The CSE (Catalog Search Engine) delivers no search functionlaity by itself, the engine used to provide the searching power is the TREX. Without a functional TREX it is not possible to correctly use the CSE capabilities, i.e. despite the fact that the CSE can still be used without trex by manually navigating through the schema hierarchy you could not have got to this point initially as the TREX is required for catalog publication! (To, as you mentioned, index the meta-data)

As for the interlinkage of the CSE,TREX, OCI and EBP ~

The CSE is basically a static snapshot of the CDC (Catalog Design Center {Edit Catalogs}) version of a particular catalog whcih can be called and searched by use of the TREX. OCI is the interface used to return the catalog data from the catalog application to the SRM_SERVER, OCI uses the parameters maintained in the catalog call structure along with many built in application values to define and structure a return POST data to the SRM_SERVER to be interpreted during Function WSI_IMPORT_DATA and mapped to the corresponding EBP shopping cart fields (Badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER can also be used to enhance or modify catalog return data to EBP prior to shopping cart creation)

Ebp's role in the entire catalog call is based on the customizing settings defined for the catalog, i.e. if you define an integrated call structure, the catalog will be called inframe by EBP, if you define in the call structure that the product returning from the catalog application should be validated, EBP vwill perform such validations.

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Salute !

Sorry, I can not reward you

but Unni has already done

Thanks a ton !

BR