SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing Promotional Price(s) to POS Outbound

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Retail Experts,

Lets say there are multiple Promotions going on the same single article at the same time with varying validity period. They requirement is that the system must always send the LOWEST price to the POS outbound system. Example below:

• Article 1 - regular retail price is $14.99 - Pre Jul 31st

• Promotion 1 - Article 1 - $9.99 - Valid from Aug 1st to Aug 31st

• Promotion 2 - Article 1 - $4.99 - Valid from Aug 10th to Aug 17th

• Regular Retail Price - Post Sep 1st

When Promotion 1 starts, we will send an IDoc with the Promotion 1 price of $9.99 on Aug 1st. When Promotion 2 starts, we will send another IDoc with the Promotion 2 price of $4.99. When Promotion 2 ends on Aug 17th, how will the system know to resend the Promotion 1 price to the POS, instead of the regular Retail Price?

Thanks,

Deep

5 REPLIES 5

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

I think, that when promotion 2 ends, the system will neither send regular price nor promotion 1 price to POS. The POS Outbound always send the validity dates "from" and "to" to POS system. So, your POS system knows, how long promotion 2 price is valid.

If your POS system cannot deal with validity dates or multiple conditions at a certain point of time, you have to implement a logic how you can send your prices to POS when - to get back to your example - promotion 2 ends. You have to implement this via custom development.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep,

Your Promo file will contain both Promotions with corresponding validity dates. POS will determine which one to use based on the 'current' date.

While PLUs contains only 'today's' prices, promo files contain also future promotional conditions.

You can always 'delete' the entry in the promo file when expired, but this shouldn't be necessary.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question...

Bernabe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has been for some time ago when I configured POS outbound scenario's, but if I remember well, the system creates change pointers at the moment (promo) prices are created or changed.

So, if the first promotion is activated, change pointers are created and the system knows (WPMU I guess) when the promo price has to be distributed. As soon as the second promotion is activated, which cuts the first promo price record into 2 different pieces, there should be new change pointers for the first promotion (and of course for the second also).

That means that if the start date of the new promotion price is within the POS lead time, the system sends the 2nd promotion to the POS. But, if for changed end dates also change pointers are created, the POS outbound (WPMU) also finds these as valid records to be distributd to the POS. So, as soon as the 2nd promotion price ends, the old price (1st promotion again) should be distributed again to the POS (by WPMU) because there is a change pointer.

Perhaps you can check your change pointer logic to find out if this is the solution for you. And (I'm not sure) perhaps there is a parameter in POS customising also needed to use this kind of logic.

Kind regards,

Johan Fraats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Create 3 promotions as below

• Promotion 1 - Article 1 - $9.99 - Valid from Aug 1st to Aug 9th

• Promotion 2 - Article 1 - $4.99 - Valid from Aug 10th to Aug 17th

• Promotion 1 - Article 1 - $9.99 - Valid from Aug 18th to Aug 31st

• Regular Retail Price - Post Sep 1st

Send the IDOC WPREB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Both the regular price and promotion will be sent to POS from SAP. Assuming we are downloading on daily basis then ,

a.    POS Download on 1st Aug – Regular price $14.99 +  Promotion Price 1 $9.99

Validity period  : 1st August  to 9th August

b.    POS Download on 10th Aug - Regular price $14.99  +  Promotion Price 1 $4.99

Validity period: 10th August  to 17th August

c.    POS Download on 18th Aug- Regular price $14.99  +  Promotion Price 1 $9.99

Validity period: 18th to 31st August

d.    POS Download on 1st sept- Regular price $14.99 

If multiple promotions have been define for same article/site combination and  in order to download the lowest price promotion to POS, additional enhancement is required. It is not possible through standard.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Ramkrishna