cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To map one project with other project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where my client want to map one project WBS to other project WBS for caputing actuals, forecast and plan.

is there a feild in CJ20N which can be used to map projects or WBS. Or if not feild is there any other way by which we can link one WBS of project A , to WBS of project B.

Is this littler urgent , so any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

Meruta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Meruta,

I think the normal process to enter costs in proyect A that can be then displayed  in proyect B is using the settlement .

You create proyect A - WBS A.1 with settlement to WBS B.1 ( for example)

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create the one cust field in cust enhancement tab at project level as name of old project code and same you can find in the report .

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not clear what type of link you want.  Is it financial or for reporting?  For reporting you can create a customer specific field and enter the same value on both WBS elements.  You could then search for that field when reporting.

WBS elements within the same project are "linked" naturally.  Why not put the WBS elements in the same project?

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want transfer the actual cost from one wbse in project A to another wbse in project B then follow as suggest by clara. adding to that we can also use txn kb11n for actual cost transfer one wbse to another.

If your client want to see plan,actual, forecast in reporting for wbse's irrespective of project then let us know

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAG,

We cannot consider settlement as my client want forecast and plan also mapped to WBSE. Let me know if there is a way of doing it.

Regards,

Meruta

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also settle plan costs between both WBS.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

But my client is not using plan settlement. So I cannot use that functionality.

Regards,

Meruta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use Cprojects or Sub project feild for this requirement