cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a new instance/client/SID

john_pietrowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

We currently have a three tier system for our ecc environment, DEV, QAS, and PRD, however we had a consultant create NWP which is use for our scan gun system.  Since this system was used by them for both developement and production, we would like to create a developement instance, NWD, and then do a client copy of everything from NWP to NWD however I am new to this and do not know how to create NWD prior to using SCC9 (creating NWD on a different iseries lpar). 

Can you please explain to me the steps involved to accomplish this task?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

SCC9 transaction is used for client copy. i.e. if you want to copy a specific client from your production system to your development system, you can use this option.

But since you are in the process of creating an entirely new system (instance), you have to follow the below steps.

Option 1

1. Take a export of your existing system NWP.

2. Build a new system NWD using the export of NWP.

Option 2

1. Build a fresh system NWD

2. Take a offline backup of your production system NWP.

3. Restore this backup on NWD and perform post refresh steps.

You will be able to find guides for doing the above steps at http://service.sap.com/instguides

In this goto  SAP Components --> SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP ERP

Let me know in case you need any more details.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You will have to build a new system (either by freshly installing it or using system copy option). Please go to http://service.sap.com/instguides. You will find relevant installation/system copy guide.

Regards,

Denish

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There are few options which you can use instead of system copy steps:

1. Export existing system and import that while installing NWD system.

2. if you have already installed NWD system in that case, you can use system copy steps to build NWD system from NWP database.

After that you can configure post installation/post system copy steps to make this system ready for use. You can keep the data in production client as you can use it  for testing purpose or you can delete that if in case you dont want to keep your production data in development system.

Thanks,

Sharib

john_pietrowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply, but my question is what are the steps to create/install the NWD system?

How would I go about doing option 1?

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

On high-level you have to carry out below steps to build NWD as a copy of NWP System using DB Backup/Restore Method on Homogeneous Systems.

For details I suggest you to refer OS-DB-SAP version System Copy Guide.

1) Prepare Source System (NWP) i.e. Check if Kernel needs upgrade, Generate Oracle Control Files

2) Backup Source System Database

3) Prepare Target System

4) Install Target System via SWPM --> System Copy (Backup/Restore)

5) Restore the Database on Target now, which you backed up earlier at source

6) Complete System Copy

7) Finish follow-up tasks (Post System Copy Activities).

Regards,

Akshay.