cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe based on two BW queries..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you please let me know whether it's possible to create a universe based on two BW queries. If yes, how?

THanks

Raman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot create single universe on multiple BEx queries.

What is your BO version?. Is it XI 3.1 or 4.0.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BI 4.0 SP5

Thanks

Ram

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bo4.0 has new feature to connect directly to Webi using BICS connection.

Instead of creating universes you can connect to BEx queries using BICS connection and also can report off using multiple queries in Webi.

Is there any specific scenario that you wanted to use Universe than connecting directly to BEx?.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, thought of using that universe in BO Explorer. Yeah, to use in WEBI we can use BICS.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I am afraid, you may not be able to do it with universes on BEx queries, But you can try creating two relational connections to BW infocubes in IDT and create business layer on top of these connections as multi source universe and see if that solves your problem.

If you are deriving any special calculations (CKF,RKF, formula variables etc) at BEx layer will be missed in this universe as you are directly connecting to cubes, but you can try and derive them at universe layer or report layer.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I thought relational connection is only possible for ODS/DSOs in BW. can we connect to infocubes? when I tried it dint list me the cubes, but only ODS.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

"Login parameters for SAP NetWeaver BW and ERP connections" under relation connections section of IDT refer to Infoprovider as Infocubes and Multiproviders.

I remember seeing it listing DSOs, Cubes and MP's when I was creating a relation connection too.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

You can connect to infocubes using a relational connection.select the driver SAP Java Connector (JCO)

Thanks

Anand

audrey_noordam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Just curious... what version of BOBJ are these screens shots from and what version of BW are you connecting to?

Thanks, Audrey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

moved to the Semantic Layer discussions

Simone Caneparo

SCN Discussions Moderator