cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI installation question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think i have successfull installed SAP-XI per SAP Installation guide. I have installed all ( ABAP+JAVA in one sandbox).

Can anyone please let me know, Is it also necessary to install SAP Adapter engine & Plain J2ESE adapter engine.

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If it is the default XI installation that you did then the XI adapter engine is part of the installation that you did...

You have complete all the post install configuration steps also....

There are different cases where you would want a standalone adapter engine....that i when you have to do the steps as mentioned in the installation guide for a SAP Adapter engine / Plain J2ESE adapter engine.

Thanks,

Renjith

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.you get it outof box. not need to install separately unless you need to install in separate for decentralized adapter.

to activate adapter you need to post installation steps as speicifed by docs.

to have all adapters you need to install sapbasis SWCV in your XI respirtory uhder you have nsmasapce and check for mata data under ada[ter types thir youwill find different adapters this shows that our post installation of adapters is sucess

Regards

Sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As you have perform default installation (ABAP + JAVA) then you need not to install Adapter engine. Its part of default installation.

Adapter engine you can install separately on other box incase if it is required to share the load.

So Do NOT Install.....Adapter engine...

Good Luck

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the quick response.

Can anyone please tell how to verify all the adapters are successfully installed. e.g i want to verity IDOC, HTTP, JMS etc adapters are successfully installed.....is the any directory or path under root or C drive to verify....

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can it SWCV of SAPBASIS in our repository(in respository under SAPBASIS SWCV namespace :urn:sap/xi/XI ->then in that select adapter meta data youwill find all adapters) and in our directory just try create an adapter you should all adapters when select adapters.

please reward points

Regards

Sreeam.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Check this weblog and find whether everything compnent is installed or not:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/verifying-xi-components

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/22/sap-xi-in-action

---Satish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You use the Adapter Engine to connect the Integration Engine to SAP systems (RFC adapter) and external systems. You use the various adapters in the Adapter Engine to convert XML- and HTTP-based messages to the specific protocol and format required by these systems, and the other way around.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ofcourse u need to do that otherwise u wont be able to use the adapters for config in ID