cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating XML stack file in MOPZ for add-on install

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

I am installing the SAPUI5 User Interface add-on in a ECC6 EHP6 system.  After downloading the files and beginning to install in SAINT, I get an error saying that the add-on can only be installed using a Stack XML file.  When I downloaded the files using SolMan 7.1 MOPZ, I did not get an option to generate a XML file. 

So, in MOPZ when you are only downloading an add-on, not a EHP or Support Stack, how do you generate a Stack XML file?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

figured it our finally.  in the MOPZ transaction i had to basically tell it I wanted to perform an EHP upgrade to get the "add-on" option.  then i was able to select the add-on and then download the stack XML file.

SAP should fix this.  I should be able to go through MOPZ and just select relevant add-ons for my systems instead of having to select an EHP upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I am venturing down this path now as part of an HR Renewal 1.0 project.  Was it after 2.4 "Select Stack-Independent Files" when you were able to select the "add-on"?

Cheers

Dan Mead

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Dan,

I believe it's 2.6 where you select the HR Packages.  There should be a button to add them.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, the HR packages can be selected in step 'stack dependant file selection'

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in your stack xml file is a lot more then just the UI Add On???...Can you install it nevertheless with this xml file or did you manipulate your xml file that way that only UI Add-On mandatory entries are in there?

Best regards,

Benjamin

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had the same issue as jason parker (Original Post) but the solution didn´t work for me.

If there are more people with this problem hopefully I can help with my solution.

After trying for hours i found maintenance planner from SAP. In this web view i got the xml file.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/d...

you have to add your system then go to "plan" a software.

In "Define Change" View choose "Install or Maintain an Add-on".

Select "UI ADD-ON 1.0 FOR NW " Click Next
Choose your Stack Click Next
In the next Screen deselect everything except UI Things

Press Confirm in the top right corner.
On the next screen in top right corner there is the button for saving the xml file.

Greetz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly implement below S-note,

1940845 - MOpz: enhancement to support new backend services

Solution manager release ST-710 Sp5 or higher, and try to calculate the Stack files you will able to get the Fiori component added to download basket.

It resolved my issue.

Regards,Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I am choosing 'EHP upgrade' then on next step I choose 'Automatic file calculation'.

Along with UI files there are some mandatory files which are also downloaded (See following screenshot). SAP solution manager expert says that those files are mandatory for FIORI UI component installation.

Can you please have a look and confirm if you also found those files while you downloaded UI components?

Thanks,

Hardeep

AntoJohns
Explorer
0 Kudos

You dont need all these files for the UI add-on. For eg: if you are adding this on to a 731 system all you need are the UI2_700 Install, UI2_701_Install, UI2_702_install, UI2_731_Install, UI2_FND 100 Install,

UI2_SRVC 100 Install, UI5_731 100 Install and UI_Infra 100 Install (of course their SPs as well).

Regards

Anto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardeep,

Need help regarding Sap UI Fiori installation,

In my case our system is Ecc 6.0 Ehp5 system trying to generate stack files related to it,same as above could able to add via ADD-ON section in Moz's,

As similar and suggested i have started calucating stack selecting Ehp6 or Ehp7 and trying add Sap UI,

But Below components are not getting displayed,

UI2_701 100 (as of SAP NetWeaver 7.00 Enhancement Package 01)
UI2_FND, UI2_700, UI2_701, UI2_702, UI2_731, UI2_SRVC, UI5_731, UISAPUI5, UI_INFRA

Kindly advice how did you proceed with installation of SAP-UI add-on.

SAP- UIUI2_701 100SP 06
UI2_702 100SP 06
UI2_FND 100
UI2_SRVC 100
UISAPUI5 100
UI_INFRA 100
UI2_700 100
FIORI GENERICINBXUIGIB001 100Included in IW_PGW 100 (SP 04)
FIORI LEAVEREQAPPRUIHCM003 100GBHCM003 600 (SP 08) + SAP Notes
FIORI PURCHASEORDAPPRUIAPP002 100GBAPP002 600
FIORI PURCHASECONTAPPRUISRA001 100SRA001 600
FIORI PURCHASEREQAPPRUIAPP001 100GBAPP002 600
FIORI ORDERCREUISRA017 100SRA017 600
FIORI ORDERSTSTRKUISRA018  100SRA018 600
FIORI ORDERCHGUISRA018 100 and UISRA003 100SRA018 600 and SRA003 600
FIORI ORDERPOREQUISRA013 100SRA013 600 + SAP Notes
FIORI TRACKPOUISRA020 100SRA020 600 + SAP Notes

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

1. Did you downloaded UI components manually in MOPZ, confirmed transaction and then went to tcode /n/tmwflow/mopz_stack to generate the stack?  --> it did not work for me when I go to t code /n/tmwflow/mopz_stack and provide my transaction no. I am getting following error:

or

2. chose automatic calculation of files and then confirmed only UI files to generate xml? --> When I confirm files, there are alot of other recommended files which are getting downloaded along with UI files. Whereas I just want xml files for UI components.

Please suggest whats the best way to generate xml only for UI component. Provide steps if possible.

Thanks,

Hardeep

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You find the add-on selection step also when you do a Support Package update.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson

Add the add-on files to your download basket (make sure your suser ID is mapped with SID in SOLMAN) and then run MOPZ in the step choose add-on it will get included.

Regards,

Sriram M

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jayson,

In the step 4 (Implement) of your MOPz transaction you should see a tab called "Stack Files."  Under that tab you can download the stack file for your MOPz trasnaction.

Regards,

Jon