cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Inspection and Tracking at Serial Number/Unit Level Possible in QM?

former_member706977
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario. A client wants to record results/defects/valuate material, during in-process inspection, at individual serial number/unit level. Like for example, for a particular production order (routing with characteristics) an inspection lot is generated and that lot appears in QE51N with characteristics listed down for that lot. But what the client does is check each unit on the production line, that has a serial number sticker assigned, they scan it using a barcode reader and mark it as OK and then it moves on to the next point on the line where the same happens. If at some point, the unit is NOT OK, they record defects for it for a list of predefined possbile defects.
Now, I know how to activate single result recording at MIC level and each result can be added for each unit in the lot but that does not give me traceability. Or does it? What I need is...

For a lot, I record results/defect for each characteristic of each unit in a lot
That unit will have an individual unique serial number
Track back (maybe after several days) to that particular serial number of the unit and see what results/defects were entered for that particular unit and who check it etc. For that one unit and not the entire lot

I also want to be able to (during the production order is running) take a serial number and see what results/defects were entered for that in the previous stages of the inspection (on the same line) or when it was in checking

Is that possible to do? How?

Thanks for the help!

Bilal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Results recording for the serial numbers is possible.

For this you have t assign a serial number profile in the material master of the material. This profile should allow serial numbers at production orders and results recording. When a production order is created first serial numbers have to be created and then release the order. When inspection lot is created fir in-process system copies the serial numbers to the lot. You will get an extra tab in the results recording screen for recording results serial number wise.

CSN