cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plaing for system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

we are paling solman system refresh , please can any one suggest required steps to perform in Source system and target system

Solman 7.01 with oracle 11.2.0.2.0.

Reagrds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did this with Windows 2008 R2 and MS SQL for a dev SolMan.

Pull up the installer (if you still have the original) I think the new install software will accomplish the same tasks.  You need to prepare a system copy and run this on the SolMan you want the refresh to come from, this is to allow the java stack config/data to be exported to the target system for importing.

After the DB is refreshed and you run the import on your target system you will notice that your java stack doesn't come up...now comes the fun part.  Pull up your 'work' folder as you will be viewing a lot of the log messages to see where the system is failing to start up properly.

Pull up the offline config editor, you have to find references for the following (mileage may vary):

• SID
  • Server name
  • Installation number
  • Possibly more

All in all it took about 2 weeks in my experience to get things working for 7.01, shortly after that my team decided to scrap 7.01 and install 7.1 from scratch as we had nothing invested in 7.01.