cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequisites for learning Syclo..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any idea what is the prerequisites for learning syclo? i have bacis understanding of SUP and now i want to explore on Syclo.. I heard Java and ABAP programming. Both are extensive topics and i needed your help in refining the prerequisites..

Please share your experience on what knowledge is actually required..

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Syclo based apps are developed using Java. And in the development of MDOs (Mobile Data Objects, similar to MBOs in SUP) you need to know ABAP and Objective ABAP.

So the pre- requisites are :

• ABAP and Objective ABAP- 40%
  • Java - 60%.

The Syclo apps works similar to HWC apps in SUP. We need to install the client in the mobile device and assign the apps to the client. But these apps will be based on Java in Syclo.

- Midhun VP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun and Mark for a quick reply .

Regards,

Pavan

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

• Syclo product is a combination of pre-built in products (Sales Manager, Work Manager, Inventory Manager and others) and a design tool.
  • With respect to the design tool (Agentry) you can design any application you wish to be a mobile app
  • The Agentry tool interfaces with a SQL backend, Java, HTTP/XML, ActiveX, File and others

So the prerequisite for learning Syclo is what you want to do with it. Do you want to learn the ERP or CRM mobility (Work Manager or Inventory Manager for SAP) or do you want to learn how to create a mobile app from scratch?

From here you can decide if your backend you want to interface has MBOs (using Java) or if you want to interface with another hardware to get data from it for your mobile device (Like GPS device that gets installed on trucks or a measuring device on trucks) then you may need to know ActiveX controls.

But as long as you know basic database, some programming like Java or C++ or you just have the determination to learn, you will find it easy because most of the stuff is point in click in the mobile side.

Only the interface with SAP where you may need to know the actual method calls or Syclo core calls may be harder to learn (heavily involved) and may take a class to learn about it. If you have very good background in SAP (ERP or CRM) it may be easier for you.

Hope this helps.

Mark