cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call procedure from another procedure - HANA rev 56 - insufficient priviliges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we do have a problem calling a RLANG based procedure within a SQL Script wrapper procedure, after upgrading the HANA backend to rev 56.

insufficient privilege: Not authorized at ptime/query/checker/query_check.cc:2028

There was no problem before that in rev 48 (the apropriate schema was granted to _SYS_REPO).

Thanks & regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

first of all, you've created your thread in duplicate.

Please delete the other one ( ).

As for your problem, checking the HANA R integration guide, it includes the following text:

1.2.2 Security for R

(...)

Because of this you should grant the CREATE R SCRIPT privilege only to trusted database users who are allowed to create SQLScript R functions. To do so, a user who has this privilege WITH ADMIN OPTION can execute the following SQL command:

GRANT CREATE R SCRIPT TO user [WITH ADMIN OPTION]

Did you try to run that command with your SYSTEM user?

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

my user has had already the CREATE R SCRIPT system privilege. I also tried to run with SYSTEM user - the same behavior. Is there something different in the role/authorization concept in rev 56, maybe generally in the nested call aproach?

Best regards

Alex

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does calling the R script procedure directly works?

I'm sure a nested approach works, for example, I was able to run the sample code from in rev56.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that rev 56 has a more rigid authorization check policy, than privious versions:

I recreated the called procedure with SQL SECURITY INVOKER (was not set before), this worked!

Thanks Henrique!