cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help required in GI inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem. In my present scenario, a material in produced.

After producing the material, it is transferred to the harbour from the plant. During this process, samples are taken at the time of Goods
Issue in Production plant and not at the time of GR in harbour. Hence we use the GI inspection (02 inspection).

Again, once the sales order is received, the same material is shipped and here also we are performing inspection during PGI (02 inspection)
and not the delivery inspection (10 inspection). This is because the client wants inspection points as physical samples are taken and quality analysis is performed for Assay results. This inspection point and physical sample feature are not available in ‘10’ inspection type.

Now the problem is, the material, inspection type (02) and usage (6) are all the same. But the MICs measured for inspection during Stock
transfer from Plant to Harbour & during Sales are different. Which means, I need to create 2 different inspection plans for the same material, inspection type and Usage combination.

Because of this setting, whenever there's is an inspection lot created in both the scenarios, the lot will not be in REL status because of the
presence of 2 inspection plans. And the user needs to go to QA02 and Release the inspection lot manually by assigning the correct inspection plan. The user doesn't want to do this, since they have a lot of inspection lots created in both the scenarios everyday and they cannot Release each and every lot manually.

Now, is there a solution to this problem? Am I missing something which can help me overcome this challenge?

Kindly request you all to help me!

Regards,

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you compare both inspection lots in QALS table?

Is there any difference?

If an inspection lot from GI for delivery has the customer number, I think you can use "material assignment" in inspection plan header.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kim and Firefighter,

The Customer number in Material Assignement tab of Inspection Plan actually worked.

Now I have created Inspection with Material and Customer combination.

Thanks once again!

Regards,

Vinodh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have different delivery categories for these two processes? Can you create them if you don't?  SAP provides three standard ones in the system, Replacement, Sample and Series.

QM-->Quality Inspection-->Inspection Lot Creation-->Inspection at Shipping

You have probably already assigned the 02 origin to the delivery type in this step.  Now you need to to assign the inspection type a category.

If you do, you can create two inspection types 02HARB and 02SALES.  Assign the correct inspection type to the correct delivery category in configuration.  Give each inspection type it's own plan usage.  Assign the plans to the correct usage.

The other alternative is to use a user exit.

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection   

You would put your own logic in here to select the correct plan automatically when more than one plan assignment is found.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fire Fighter,

I am trying out your first option and creating custom (Z) inspection types.

I have a doubt there. I created one Custom Insp Type Z02. And then assigned this Z02 to insp lot origin 02.

Now i have a doubt while creating new number range for this Z02. I wish to have Number range intervals like from Z20000000000 to Z29999999999 just to differentiate it from standard 02 insp lots.

First of all, is it possible to have an Alpha Numeric number range like this for Insp Types? Because, when i try to assign this number range, the system is saying "Please Enter Numeric Number".

If this is not possible, then what number range will my newly created Z02 take? Because I am not able to spot any configuration that links newly created insp type and number ranges? Where in SPRO, can i see this link?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  You can't use alpha numeric.  The field QALS-PRUEFLOS is defined as a 12 digit numeric field so it can't accept a character. 

No, number ranges cannot be assigned to an inspection type.  Only an inspection lot origin.  I recommend you set your list variants, (QA32/33, QE51n, etc..) to also display the inspection type in your default layouts if you need to see the differences.

The inspection type uses the number range of the inspection origin that it is assigned to.  This config is done under QM-->Quality inspection-->Inspection lot creation

There are several items in that section of config that need to be done when creating a new inspection type.  Please review all the help files and the configuration documentation.  If you have questions then, let us know.

Good Luck!

FF