Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial invoice printing in the wrong currency

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The commercial invoice should always print in the local currency, regardless the currency of the sales order.

In my case we raise an order for the New Zealand company, but in USD currency. So the CI should print in NZD.

That is unfortunately not the case - the document prints in USD.

I checked SPRO/SAP Global Trade services / SAP Customs mgt / Customs processing Service / Controle settings for customs processing service. the customs currency is set to NZE. Both exchange rates are set to M (we are not using GTSC). Any idea where else I should check? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

I'm not sure that your requirement is reasonable.  If you are dealing with your customer in USD, then of course the commercial invoice should be in USD.  For Customs purposes, the export invoice must show a value in NZD, and that will be the case if you have set everything up correctly in the system(s).

What is your basis for saying that the CI should be in NZD regardless?

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feed back and apologies for the delay - I've been out.

To answer your question: that was the information that I was given: that the commercial invoice should always print in the currency of the FTO (in this case NZ so NZD), regardless of the currency that was used in the sales order (in this case USD).

Am I mixing things up here? I thought that the commercial invoice IS the export invoice that travels with the products. Not correct?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Sorry to add confusion with the nomenclature!  What I should have said was; the invoice for payment should be in the transaction currency.

With a quick internet search, I found a couple of documents referring to the New Zealand 1025 Export Invoice which, as you say, requires a value in NZD.  Probably, therefore, you will need to create a new invoice form that shows the converted item value(s).  You would need to set up the Interface structure to use the "Customs Value" instead of the "Original Value".  Unfortunately standard GTS doesn't appear to include the NZ Export Invoice, so I guess you'll need to develop the form yourself.

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

OK Dave, thank you very much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.