cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want to trigger an automatic alert message to the mail ids when response time exceeds to 10,000 MS constantly in SAP ERP.

DB: MSQL

Thanks in advance, kindly share your experience.

Regards,

Praneeth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you already have a CEN setup for monitoring then what you're asking for should not be too difficult.

You will simply need to edit the threshold values for the monitoring tree element ResponseTimeDialog found under R3Services\Dialog in the area you have already specified in RZ20.

Change the property values "Yellow to Red" to 10 000ms and then setup an auto-reaction to trigger for this.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nelis,

We didn't do any CEN  configuration setup.

Could you please provide me the steps.. and how to change property values and triggering to email id...

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have not setup any monitoring then you need to do a bit of reading(and learning) I'm afraid. There is no "quick" step-by-step setup guide.

Please go to Monitoring your SAP Netweaver Components. Here you will find plenty of information to get you started.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than you so much Nelis..

"Change the property values "Yellow to Red" to 10 000ms and then setup an auto-reaction to trigger for this " Could you please guide me h to change the above values. ?

Regards,

Praneeth

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RZ20 -> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors -> All Monitoring Contexts -> <SAP Instance> -> R3Services -> Dialog -> ResponseTimeDialog -> Properties -> PerformanceAttribute -> Threshold values.

Regards,

Nelis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I do not know of an existing program that does that.

In STAD (statistical records) you'll find the response time of transactions, reports, UI steps etc. For classical SAPGui transactions, the STAD 'response time' is really something like the user's E2E response time.

You could access STAD records with function 'SWNC_GET_STATRECS_FRAME' for a given time interval and extract long running steps.

Best Regards,

Randolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randolf,

Thank you for your response,

Can we able to set an alert configuration in RZ20 ?

rz20-->SAP CCMS Monitor templates-->dialog overview/ dialog per application server ?

Regards,

Praneeth

Message was edited by: siva praneeth babu