cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation not updated with Backend document number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SAP SRM 7. The confirmation will be posted as GR in ECC, and the GR number will be updated back to the confirmation in SRM. But, for past few days, The GR is posted successfully in backend, but the SRM confirmation is not being updated by backend doc. number(GR), and also the status is I1017(Currently Being Transferred), and not I1018(Posted in the Backend).

What might have gone wrong?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

We have found the root cause. The Address Number and Person Number combination of Requestor(in Shopping Cart) is not found in the ADR6 table, so the BBP_PROCDOC_GETDETAIL returns abort msg. 'No data found for the contact person 'XYZ'', and hence the job CLEAN_REQREQ_UP comes up with error 'Buffer table not up-to-date' for couple of POs. So, the all the confirmations posted, are not being updated with 'Posted in backend' satus. The BP(requestor) was assigned to new Org structure in PPOMA_BBP, hence the problem started. So, we removed the user from that Org. Str. and re-assigned to same Org. Str., then new entry is created in ADR6 table with Address number, and same Person Number.

Now, the confirmations posted from now are updated correctly. But, the confirmations which were posted in this period are still not being updated with new status 'Posted in Backend'. Even the BBP_GET_STATUS_2, which was scheduled daily, did not help.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks, Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try executing BBP_GET_STATUS_2 with SC older(days) as input field(10,20 days, etc)

Check if it solves the issue.

Rgds,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried BBP_GET_STATUS_2 , but it is not updating the BE doc number in Confirmation.

Following the SAP Note: 644963 we created a report ZZRF1 to regenerate the BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB entries, but its not working correctly in some cases. If there are more than one confirmation for same PO item, its fetching wrong DOCNUM of IDoc, and hence the job CLEAN_REQREQ_UP is updating wrong BE doc. number.

What is the relationship between SRM Confirmation number and IDoc DOCNUM? We could find only the PO number and PO item number in the IDoc. How to fetch the corresponding IDoc DOCNUM for a Confirmation?

Thanks,

Prabhakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran,

Is this is the issue in produciton ? You have mentioned that recently it stopped getting posted backend status.

Also, once you are done with the confirmation what is the status you are getting (It is in Approved status?)

BBP_DOC_TAB entries should be cleared by clean_reqreq_up, then SRM confirmation status will trun into posted backend automatically.

Have you implemented any changes recently, try to explore what changes happened, its a standard fucntionality and it should work unless there is some change implemented.

Best regard,
Govardhan.

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhakaran,

can you check once in table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB only. In field CORE_KEY try to give PO number and then * and check if the entries are present. If entries are present then OBJKEY is the IDOC number.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

Yes, the issue is in production.

The Confirmation is posted in Backend, but the status was not getting updated. Now the issue is fixed(as explained before), and the confirmations which are posted now are updated correctly with I1018. But, during that period, there were 2000+ confirmations posted, and they still have status I1017(Currently being transferred), which needs to be updated with I1018(Posted in Backend). But, there are no entries in BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB table for these confirmations, we need to re-generate them again based out of IDocs posted.

How to get the IDOc Number(DOCNUM) using confirmation number?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabha

You can go to WE05 and select the basic type as Confirmation (MBGMCR01). You will get the list of IDOCS posted in the period you specify.

If you want to see the ECC idoc posted against your SRM Idoc go to transaction BDM2 and enter the logical system of ECC within the the given time frame it will show you the IDOCS.

You can then check the same IDOC in ECC to find the status of idoc.

Thanks

Ushir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ushir,

Thanks for sharing about BDM2 transaction, it will be useful.

Also, it will give us a set of IDocs posted in a timeframe, but how can we programatically fetch only the IDoc(SRM side) which is posted for a Confirmation. We have confirmation number with us, but how do we read the IDoc number for that?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have checked in the BBP_DOCUMENT_TABLE, but there are no entries for these 2000+ entries which are posted(as GR) successfully in ECC, but BE doc number not updated in Confirmation.

I stronlgy beleive these entries are removed by CLEAN_REQREQ_UP job from the table, even at the case of error.

This is a program error, and can be fixed by applying SAP notes: 1533291, 1855916.

Still looking for a solution to process the old confirmations.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabha

I have not worked on any such requirement to fetch the SRM side IDocs. But surely check with your technical team to build a program around the BDM2 Transaction which can give you the list of all the IDocs posted in a period.

As the transactions provides idocs for both SRM and ECC side you can play around with it and build it as per your needs.

Thanks

Ushir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one custom program to re-generate the BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB entries. The GR posted for a confirmation, can be read using FM BBP_PD_GETHISTORY. Match this GR number with the GR in IDoc entries(FM: BBP_CF_LINK_UPDATE), and select the correct Idoc posted for a confirmation.

Thanks,

Prabhakar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabha,

Please check the status of the IDOC for this GR in ECC also (WE09 or WE02 ).

Regards,

Nishanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabha

You can check several things in here.

1. check if your IDOC is correctly posted in ECC ( which you say is posted in this case but for a double check). Sometimes IDOC are passed from SRM but fails in ECC

2. Check if the jobs CLEAN_REQREQ_UP and BBP_GET_STATUS_2 are running fine because these are the jobs which will update the Documents with status and synch them up with backend.

Thanks

Ushir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran,

I have a doubt :

What is the status of the SRM confirmation ? Is it "Posted in backend" or  "Approved" ?

Regards,

Nishanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status must be: Posted in backend

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran,

Check if there is any entry in bbp_document_tab. Also check for the IDOC status.