cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide Root node of a hierarchy in BEx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I am using a WBS Hierarchy in a report. Hierarchy Name is 'WBS Hierarchy' which is coming as the root node. My requirement is that I do not want to see the root node of the hierarchy. Is there any way to achieve this. Hiding the root node of hierarchy and show it in BEx Analyzer.

Thanks & Regards,

Sari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sareesh,

If there is no data for the root node itself then the display properties will work if you make the settings just as seen in the screenshot by

But if you have records for the root node and you still do not want to show, you may try to exclude that root (filter the characteristic without hierarchy)

Regards

Yasemin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.. But that option also didnt work like what we expct.. Bt thanks fr d time.

Sari.

shai_greenberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sareesh,

did you find a solution for this problem?

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

We have changed a basic setting in Query designer and it worked for me:

Go to Query designer -> Open Query -> Rows/Columns Tab -> click on blank space on Rows section -> In right Tab tick the option Display as Hierarchy.

Regards,

Sareesh

shai_greenberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved!

With help from Shani Bashkin.

Create a customer exit variable and assign it as a Hierarchy Node Variable that filters the characteristic in BEx.

Go to infoobject maintenance->Hierarchy and see the name of the hierarchy table (in this case - /BI0/HWBS_ELEMT ). Double click on the table name and find the nodeid for the root (in my case - '00000001' ).

in the customer exit enhancement, use the following code for the variable, replacing the table name, parent id, and name of the infoobject according to the specific need.

WHEN 'ZWBSN_UEX'.

IF I_STEP <> 2.

RAISE no_processing.

ELSE.

CLEAR L_S_RANGE.

L_S_RANGE-OPT = 'EQ'.

L_S_RANGE-SIGN = 'I'.

SELECT nodename FROM /BI0/HWBS_ELEMT

INTO l_nodename

WHERE PARENTID = '00000001'

AND OBJVERS = 'A'.

L_S_RANGE-LOW = l_nodename.

L_S_RANGE-HIGH = '0WBS_ELEMT'.

APPEND L_S_RANGE TO E_T_RANGE.

ENDSELECT.

ENDIF.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had the same issue and stumbled over this by coincidence..

there is a line missing

DATA:      l_nodename          TYPE RSSHNODENAME.

But otherwise works well..

thanks

Martin

shai_greenberg
Participant
0 Kudos

That's right!

Thanks for the correction.

- Shai

former_member186356
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shai, Martin & Yasemin  and other Guru's

This is exactly I wanted to achieve and as you know I posted multiple threads.

I tried the Code above and it did not work for me. In the above code here you are filling

L_S_Range-Low and L_S_Range-High with ‘0WBS_ELEMT. Not sure how this works.

1. And also this seems to be the ‘Selection options’ in the details tab ‘Basics settingsàVariable represents.

I believe the moment you make the hierarchy node variable ‘Customer exit’ I do not see the section option basically it’s from and to options in the variable screen.

Then how the L_S_Range-Low and L_S_Range-High  with ‘0WBS_ELEMT should work?

I copied the code in the user exit and I debugged the code, it’s not working for some reason.

The problem is I have many other characteristics after the hierarchy and this result node repeats every time as you can see in the screen. Also I need to add the other hierarchies as well.

I have tried display as hierachy options , it's not going to work becasuse 1) It will display every thing in one column 2) This feature does not support in WEBI.

I tried all the methods, for sales position/org I have to use hierarchy. This is external hierarchy meaning, if I stack them in the rows and display as hierarchy it will not work because it will put everything in to one column which I do not want and for presentation I am using WEBI tool. But this issue is still there in BEx. 

I am struggling to fix this issue for a while. Could any one help me how to fix this .Could someone please help with correct solution?

Any feed back is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Magge

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In your case you need to fill ZSLS_ORG and the table is /BIC/HZSLS_ORG

Martin

former_member186356
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, Martin. I  have used zls-org. Still not working. Any idea. I copied the code and modified the code accordingly .

Thanks

Magge

shai_greenberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Magge,

Note that your issue is different than the original issue in this thread, so the solution I gave won't help.

The hierarchy Node variable filter determines the root nodes for the hierarchy, and therefore cannot filter nodes at the "bottom" of the hierarchy.

However, as you don't need the hierarchy below the nodes you wish to filter, I would try filtering the values - in the example given, what you need  is a filter of all the values of Industry that are not "#". Depending on your need you may be required to use an additional characteristic to filter the data.

Good luck,

Shai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185177
Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a customer exit variable and assign it as a Hierarchy Node Variable that filters the characteristic in BEx. In the customer exit enhancement, use the following code for the variable, replacing the table name, parent id, and name of the infoobject according to the specific need.

WHEN 'ZWBSN_UEX'.
        DATA: l_nodename  TYPE  RSSHNODENAME.
    IF I_STEP <> 2.
      RAISE no_processing.
    ELSE.
      CLEAR L_S_RANGE.
      L_S_RANGE-OPT = 'EQ'.
      L_S_RANGE-SIGN = 'I'.
      SELECT nodename FROM /BI0/HWBS_ELEMT
        INTO l_nodename
        WHERE PARENTID = '00000001'
        AND OBJVERS = 'A'.
        if sy-subrc = 0.
    L_S_RANGE-LOW = l_nodename.
           L_S_RANGE-HIGH = '0WBS_ELEMT'.
           APPEND L_S_RANGE TO E_T_RANGE.
        endif.
      ENDSELECT.
    ENDIF.

Regards,

Krishna

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I don't know if this can solve my issue..

Just wanted to ask the purpose of the code? So the selected parentid will be the only nodes shown? Is that right? So in this case only the parentid = '00000001' or WBS HIERARCHY will be shown?

But what's the purpose of L_S_RANGE-HIGH = '0WBS_ELEMT'?

Is it default to always use the name of infoobject in the L_S_RANGE-HIGH? Because for sure there will be no PARENTID which has value of 0WBS_ELEMT..

Thank you..

Loed

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RSH1 t-code and go to--> Hierarchy Attributes

Give a try with Display of hierarchy properties in the Query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I tried these settings earlier, but none of these options hide root node.

For Eg: Below is our report, in this if you see 'WBS HIERARCHY' is the root node and when we drill down a dimension the root node is repeatedly coming with summation of drilldown object. But I want to hide this root node. Any option you know.

Regards,

Sari.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use WBS Hierarchy field as the first field in the report layout. Then, try to display the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestion Suman.

But my requirement is that, when user drill down a new item to report what is happening , its characteristics values are showing under WBS HIERARACHY root node as well as the sub nodes. I only want to show it in sub nodes.

Please see below screen shot:

We have WBS Element and Activity as info Objects and activities are duplicated in root node. When drilling down, Activities should be shown only in respective WBS Nodes and need to hide from WBS HIERARCHY (root node)..

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sareesh,

I have the same issue in one of my reports. I handle that by selecting values of posted nodes as always show andnodes with only one lower level node as hide. Then select the expand to level as 1. It works for me. I hope works for you too.

Yasemin...

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Drilldowns in BI works like this only. You may have to play with all the options in the screen shots I posted in first reply.

Regards,

Suman