cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse stock is not taken into account while optimization run

0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I need a bit of help, please. The situation is driving me mad... joke of course :)) The point is the warehouse stock is not used while optimization run. I made this stock using BAPI_STSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2. ATP-category CC. Also I tried to make stock with se38 /SAPAPO/SJKTST02.

This stock is visible everywhere in material-location /SAPAPO/MAT1 and planning books but not used while planning.

By the way the procurement type is P for this material (to set system to use only stock). If I set procurement type F so system generates  procurement orders as well.

What can you say about that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will you please let us know.

Does this ware house belongs to Vendor??

And are you planning external procurement in system??

Regards,

Amit P Hiran

0 Kudos

Hi.

1. It doesn't belong to vendor.

2. Product procurement type P, as I've said before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand... Procurement Type P means the product is NOT planned.   So why would optimizer or any other engine utilize the stock?   It is not planned so the engine does not look at supply or demand.  

You need to prevent procurement or production if you want the system/engine to utilize the existing stock but not procure/produce more.

Ken

0 Kudos

Purchase orders transferred form ERP for products with procument type P are taken into account while optimization run.

System doesn't make purchase requirements instead procurement type F.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

As I understand you do not have this stock in ECC, you are uploading this stock.

If it is not vendor stock or external stock, what is stoping you to bring it from ECC?

Suppose you have sme contraints to bring it from ECC, try use any key figure like "Production Planned" or any other kf which is part of receipts. Update your stock quantities in this and try.

Regards,

Amit P Hiran

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the stock is pegging relevant (this check can be performed in /sapapo/rrp3) .

If the stock is not pegging relevant system will not consider in planning.

BR

Thamizh

0 Kudos

Thanks for advice.

Of course it's relevant. I plan with snp optimizer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try creating stock with program /sapapo/ctmtestdatacreate and see whether this stock is considered for planning run.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thank you, I've tried this way too. All the same, doesn't work (

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I used the BAPI BAPI_STSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 to load stock into the initial column in an SNP planning book and subsequently used it in macros.  It was a vendor location so there was no pesky integration with ECC.  Make sure your macros consider the initial column in the book.

Best Regards,

Mike Kirkwood

0 Kudos

As I've said the stock is visible in planning book. And there are no problems with macroses too. Stock doesn't work in optimization run only (not considered in optimization task).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is stock type = 11 (unrestricted/relevant for planning ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

it is

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

With procurement type P unlike in-house production or external procurement, the planning does not take place in APO. Instead, stock shortfalls are replenished by the OLTP system.

Here you need to make sure that stock also exists in ECC system.

I think with stock in ECC your issue will be resolved.

Check and let me know if you still face any issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

0 Kudos

The point is to use stock without ECC.

I can make stock in SNP so I want to use it without ciffing anything from ECC.

Is it possible?

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make stock in SNP, but with procurement type P, system doesn't consider that, it reads stock values from ECC as per standard SAP.

use of some enhancement here is not ruled out though, you can check that

Rgds

Sourabh

0 Kudos

I've tried to set procurement type F, but it doesn't matter.

Is there any way to force system to consider stock in SNP without reading ECC?

Any kind of "secret-super-damned-hidden" setting?

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use procurement type F and put SNP Stock transfer horizon of required days (entire planning horizon).  This will prevent system to create any new PReqs but will consider your stock in planning.

(I think your requirement is to plan the quantities of parent material only to the extent the stock of child material is available).

Another dirty way is to put long planned delivery time in product master and use procurement type P.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

0 Kudos

Thanks, but no way works

0 Kudos

Remark to 1st way

System does make PrReq anyway. SNP Stock transfer horizon is not relevant to optimizer.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Great way of filtering answers i would say .

For system to force not to read ECC stock, you need to find suitable exit within optimizer, may be exit which is called before optimizer run, what exit i don't know but this is the only way i can think of.

All the best.

Rgds

Sourabh

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the optimizer to consider stock transfer horizon, you have to set a tick in integration tab of optimizer profile.

I am sure it will work.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the optimizer to consider stock transfer horizon, you have to set a tick in integration tab of optimizer profile.