cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have enabled FA and trying to import from excel however not successful. SAP document shows Fixed Asset should be changed to transfer mode but this option is not shown in my company.

SAP version details are SAP B1 : 9.0 PL 04

Please advise.

Deepak Magar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have checked your import file and I do not fully understand the business process:

If you import and asset with no APC, it means that you have not done any acqusition yet for it, so How come is that you know the start depreciation date?

Inlude at least in your selection all columns that I mentioned before

If it is a new asset, which is what it seems to me, then: leave blank the columns that in the Help file does not say are mandatory for new assets

I have noticed that in some columns you are using the description of filed rather than the code: Code should be used

Dep Area: 'Main Books' (Is this the code? it looks to me the description)

Asset Class:'Office Equipment' ((Is this the code? it looks to me the description)

For date fileds , you should use same format date in excel that date format used in your Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the information, you are correct i missed the APC earlier, now I have created a new file with few fields as suggested above however while importing i get error "Depreciation Start Date" is not valid.

Also the columns i used are actual codes, I am attaching screen shot and upload file.

Please advise.

Thanks Deepak

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your date format  it should be DDMMYY.

try with 01/01/13 in place of 1/1/13.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks I changed the date and the error is gone however, still cannot import as shown below although the import file has Item no. is there any restriction on item code combination.

Thanks Deepak

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Are you sure that there is an asset class code 'office equipment', this looks to me description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Yes that is code as per screen short below.

Thanks Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There was an stored procedure which checks default warehouse allocated to Item master and if there is not WH allocated it does not allow to add the Item and in this case Fixed Asset Master Data.

Creating exception to the Stored Procedure for item type = asset resolved the issue and I could import.

Regards

Deepak

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gr8..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Deepak Magar for wich stored procedure we must create the exception !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Please check if there is any Stored Procedure related to Item master and make it exception.

Thanks

Deepak

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please do a check list that you have all these columns: if no value, set 0

Item No.

Dep Area

Dep start date

Useful life

Remaining life

Depreciation type

APC

Accumulated ordinary Dep

Jose Antonio

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP help file:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo900/helpdata/EN/94/7e131c04ca428d933f5375a98aef0e/content.htm?framese...

Hope helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have referred help file, however getting error of 0 documents imported.

Thanks

Deepak

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP notes, it may be helpful.

1826198 - Error During Import of Asset Master Data if
Predefined Item Groups Are Removed

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

you may check below link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42467

but it is for Indian Localization and I think you are trying for Austria Location..

Regards

Deepak Tyagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I am using India localisation. Is there any other setting to be done. To add I have created some entries in FA module namely creating asset, purchasing and depreciating.

Thanks

Deepak Magar

former_member325312
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak  Magar

From the Screen shot we can see it is clearly Australia localization how come you say it is India Localization?

Regards

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

I have attached 2 images

1. my settings : this is setting of my company

2. SAP doc : this is from SAP documentation which I am referring while working.

Thanks

Deepak Magar

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Indian localization there will be only one field "Calculate depreciation By". It does not show the field like production or transfer mode. BDW you can check the link I sent you.

Regards

Deepak Tyagi

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you define the posting periods which for you are trying to upload the Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for update, now I understand to import India Localization does not need FA mode to change, yes posting periods are defined and other transaction like sales, banking are recorded.

I am checking your document and trying to follow the import function. Will update soon.

Thanks

Deepak Magar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I used the steps described in your doc however am getting error 0 records imported. Attached is text file and import settings I used for import. please advise.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Change the date format, it should like 12/06/13.

Account determination should be done for the same asset class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I tried both option that is changing date and Account determination for the asset class, still same message.

Is there log generated for imports like in DTW, which can be referred to.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many Posting period ,you defined in the system?

You are trying to upload the data for 2013-14 so first of all run the fiscal year change till to 2013-14.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have posting periods defined from 2008-09 onwards till 2013-14 and all sub period of 2013-14 are open. I tried to import after changing fiscal year to 2013-14 but same error 0 records imported.

Is there any log generated for same.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you execute this form for all years ?

until you will not execute this till to current year (for which you want to import), you will not be able to import FA.

All posting period(Which for you are going to Upload) should be unlocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

First of all thanks for your guidance so far.

Secondly Yes I change step by step i.e. from 08-09 till 12-13 to 13-14. Attached is screen shot.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

download the Ammyy admin v3.1 and run. give me your ammyy client ID