Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message retention on Adapter engine in PI 7.3

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I want to know whether we can retain the messages  -------- in RWB>>message monitoring>>Adapter Engine>>Database. for 30 days?

Actually I am able to see the messages for Integration server>>database for almost more than 15 days but got adapter engine I am able to see only 5 days messages.

I want to know what are default settings for the adapter engine messages rentention and also how I can set it to 15 to 30 days and is it advisable to change the settings or it will reduce the system performance on a large scale?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Do we have any update on this query?

To simplify more please find the details below.

In my QA system -

The following properties are set to 8 days.

1. xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default
  2. xiadapter.outbound.persistDuration.default

and delete job for AE runs evry day.

but in the message monitoring of QA I am able to see the messages from database for more than 8 days.

In my production system -

The following properties are set to 1 day.

and delete job for AE runs evry day.

but in the message monitoring of production I am able to see the messages from database for more than 1 days.

Now I want to know why this is happening? what property is affecting the above settings?\

Thank you.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Are you sure that the messages are asynchronous?,  in SAP PI 7.31 sync messages can be stored in DB too.

I think that you have checked yet that the values are in miliseconds and the job don't trigger any exception, haven't you?

Regards.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Why type of messages are you referring to here? Synchronous and Asynchronous messages are handled differently.

The parameters below determine how long asynchronous messages are persisted:

See this URL: Properties for Service XPI Adapter: XI and note 791379 XI Adapter service properties documentation.

The messages will only be deleted after their Retention period has expired. They will only be deleted at the next run of the Delete job. How often is the delete job configured to run? Are there any errors with the delete job? See the link below for how to check:

Performing Background Processing

Regards

Mark

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

As already stated the above two mentioned properties are set and they are set for 1 day. I am referring to ASYNC Messages here. Deletion job is working fine and it is set for 1 day.

My question is if the properties  -

are set to one day then how is this possible that I am able to see 3 to 4 day's messages in RWB>>message monitoring?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Check Vladim Klimov asnwer in this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3268647

Regards.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

The properties mentioned shows that it is set to 1 day. But from my message monitoring of Adapter engine I am able to see the messaged for almost 3 to 4 days. I want to know how can I change this setting to have 15 or 30 days in RWB?