Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG difference between Vendor UI and Supplier UI

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know what is the difference between Vendor UI and Supplier UI in SAP MDG-S? Is there a blog/article that shows the difference in UI?

MDG-S config guide says this.

MDG-S offers two different groups of change request types that support either the supplier UI or the vendor UI. Only one of these groups should be used. If you intend to use the vendor UI as alternative to the supplier UI proceed as ...........

I would like to know what is the difference specially in UI screens, so we can go for the one what suits us better.

Thanks

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor

Dear Pravin,

The Basic difference between the Vendor and supplier UI are

1. For Supplier UI you can create the BP relation while defining the CR.

EG:supplier creation CR (organization,user or person)

SUPPL1P1:

Entity types:

• ADDRNO: Msg. Output = Standard
  • BP_HEADER: Msg. Output = Standard
  • BP_REL: Msg. Output = Standard

• Business Activity: SUP1

2.Vendor there is no relation exist while definine the CR

EG:VENDR01:

• Entity types:
    • ADDRNO: Msg. Output = Standard
    • BP_HEADER: Msg. Output = Standard
  • Business Activity: VLP1

rest depends on the business need.

Regards

Shankar

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Shankar,

What you mentioned technically makes sense. If we look at broader perspective, I have seen many organizations mark their employees as individual vendor masters because they are part of AP.

So my understanding is Supplier UI would cover all that...Organization( vendor organization), User ( Employees), Person( e.g. individual vendor) etc.

I also researched further on Vendor UI and found that Vendor UI is a subset of Supplier UI. Vendor UI is lean easy UI to request a vendor. All important data stays in one Vendor UI screen and BP role and Account group assignment is done in background.

I would like to hear from others experiences on this as well.

Thanks

Pravin

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

that's the idea, yes. If you'd like to compare the MDG UIs with ECC transactions, Supplier refers to transaction BP (including CVI Vendor roles), whereas Vendor refers to XK**.

Best regards

Michael

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for clarifying. Supplier corresponds to ECC Tcode- BP and Vendor to XK*.

Does similar is available for Customer too? I believe not. Its only one Customer UI that originates from BP UI.

Regards

Pravin

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Customer can be viewed,changed and display by XD01.02 and 03.

regards

shankar

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

with MDG 6.1 there is a Customer UI and a Customer Like UI available in MDG. First relates to BP with the customer role based enhancements. Second relates to XD*.

Best regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Does anyone have an opinion on setting up MDG-S with the Vendor UI or the Supplier UI?  I understand from these posts that the basic difference is that Supplier UI allows you to define the Business Partner relationship, whereas Vendor UI does not. We have configured MDG in the sandbox with the Vendor UI, and I am concerned that we may be limiting our CR options as we begin to develop MDG-S. We do assign employees and other people as individual Vendor records, and though we are starting off with implementing MDG-S, we will implement Customers at some stage in the near future. What are the main advantages and disadvantages of Vendor UI versus Supplier UI?

Thanks!,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Is there any real advantage in using one or the other, once you choose using one of this is it possible change  to th other?  thanks .

Pravin , which one did you selected ? good experience ?

thanks guys.

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Thumb rule is go for Supplier like UI if business requires BP and go for Vendor like UI if business uses Vendor(XK*/MK*)

In one of my MDG projects we decided to go for Supplier like UI because customer was already using BP for collection management etc.

In my another MDG project we decided to go for Vendor like UI because that customer was not using BP and mostly they were using XK* / MK* for their vendor transactions. Business was more familiar with these screens/tcodes. Vendor UI has limited functionalities.

Once decided, it is difficult to switch.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Pravin