cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS optimizer setting: Validity period of orders: Hard or Soft constraint

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

could you please help me with the next point, In PPDS optimizer, tab Order processing, Validity period of orders: regard as hard or regard as soft constraint. It is not really clear what to do with this? I tested both and I found different results, but better results are with Hard constraint. However, from help it says that PPM validity is checked, in our case PPM validity for all orders is until 31.12.9999, so I dont understand why results are different?

if you have some better ideas/understanding on this field and which value to use ?

thank you

Alla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alla,

Validity Period of orders means validity of source of supply(in your case PPM). This includes Start date and end date of PPM. You have an option to either consider Start Date and Finish Date as HARD or SOFT constriant or one of them HARD and other SOFT contstraint.

Now, optimizer tries to adhere to HARD constraints and voilates SOFT constraints if necessary. So, when you set your validity Sart or End as HARD constraint optimizer adhares to that and gives you result accordingly.

By default both start and Finish dates are set as HARD constriants. Try making one of then as SOFT and check the resutls. Similarly you can try other combinations till you get desired result...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Sharma on Jan 8, 2008 2:50 PM

I welcome any further questions on the issue!