cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am writing an app that connects up to a fully licensed SQLA database installed by another company.  So far, in order to deploy my app I've had to download and register for the SQL Anywhere developer edition and install it on the client machine just to get the ODBC driver to connect to the main app's database.

PLEASE tell me there's an ODBC driver installer available so that I don't have to download and install a 300+ megabyte software package that I don't even need just to get an odbc driver.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric.

Which sqlany full version is installed by another company?

Is your system MS Windows or other?

However, I tell you for SQLANY 12 & MS Windows ...

Go to the server pc (where the fully versin is already installed  by another company ...)

START buttons -> All Programs -> SQL Anywhere 12 -> Administration Tools and choose "Deploy on Windows"

A wizard starts and you can choose more options (e.g. ODBC driver) and path for sqlany12.msi client file ...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

is that just the odbc driver??  If so that helps immensely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears the 3rd party is using SQL Anywhere 11.  There is no "Administration Tools" there that I see.  Is it in another spot in that version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it.  And thank you very much.  I was able to create an msi with just the odbc driver.  That is EXACTLY what I wanted. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an easy way available.

There is a separate Sybase ODBC driver available for installation. It's weight nearly 10 MB so you don't need to download 300+ MB of software to establish a connection.