cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useage of sapcontrol on a dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use sapcontrol on a dual stack instance to restart only the java stack.;

I can restart both stack with sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function RestartSystem ALL, but if i try sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function RestartSystem J2EE i receive the OK message but JAva is not restartes.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

If your objective is to start only the Java Stack in a Dual Stack system, you can start Java Stack from within the ABAP Stack as Java Instance is assigned to an ABAP Instance. Basically the ICM of the ABAP starts and stops the Java Instance. You can follow the below steps:

1) Log on to ABAP Stack

2) Call SM51 and double click the instance on which you wish to rebounce Java. This way you will select the Instance

3) Start ICM, by calling /nSMICM

4) Navigate to Administration --> J2EE Instance (Local) --> Send Soft Shutdown --> With Restart

The respective Java Stack will be stopped and started.

Additionally, you can view the status/log of your Java Stack from ABAP's ICM by navigating from Administration --> J2EE Instance (Local) --> Display Status

Regards,

Akshay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but i already know this transaction. I want to automate the restart of the java stack so i can script it and schedule it at night.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the sapstartsrv.log and trc and paste the out put here.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Benoit,

Use J2EE system number instead of 00.

Regards

Sushant