cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII - Xi - ECC, Have you done it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to call a BAPI in my ECC system from xMII. But, just for fun, I'm putting Xi in the middle. The BAPI is an existing BAPI in ECC, and I can export it to Xi. But I can't get the xMII (via JCO) to see it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punted, went straight from xMII to SAP.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is similar like importing RFC into the Repository.

For this go to Integratio Repository->SWCV->Imported Objects->RFCs->right click to import.

For this your SWCV should have permited to access SAP Application systems. For this go to SWCV ->open that->there are 2 option buttons. Once you select , tehn it will ask you to enter SAP system details.

More clearly-

After importing the software component from SLD select the option “Import of RFC and IDoc Interfaces from SAP Systems Permitted.”. Under this software component and under Imported Objects RFCs and IDocs can be imported. Right click on it which will launch a wizard in which provide the details to connect to the R/3 system and choose the BAPI/RFC. And continue

Former Member
0 Kudos

This gets so I can import from the R/3 system. But what I really want to do is expose this BAPI (from Xi) so that xMII can import it.

I imported BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT from my R/3 into Xi (Imported Objects - RFC). I want to create a scenario where xMII will make a JCO call to this BAPI via Xi, which would pass it thru to the R/3 system. But the xMII system can't see it (from Xi).

Note: This scenario does work xMII to R/3 with Xi. But we like Xi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the format in R3 is integer then in XI it will be xsd:integer

If the format in R3 is string then in XI it will be xsd:string

If the format in R3 is date then in XI it will be xsd:date

If the format in R3 is NUMC then in XI it will be xsd:string

The NUMC field will normally have leading zeros in R/3. probably we can check on this. so just try to check ur input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The BAPI/RFC is existing in R/3 only and if you want to import it to a design time environment of xMII, you have to do it from R/3 only.

The fact that you have imported the BAPI into XI-IR means that you can use it at design time in the IR tools. It doesnot mean that the BAPI definition is available in XI and other systems can access it.

The BAPI definitions can be imported from any system, what matters is that at runtime when messages are transferred the signature need to match...

So in xMII, you can import the BAPI from R/3 and work with it...

Now at runtime, you can send the RFC call to XI through a sender RFC adapter and using the ID entries you can route this call to R/3 using an RFC receiver channel....

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, let's try a different path then. Let's say I create a sender communication channel, RFC type in Xi (Let's say CC_CALL_BAPI). I create a scenario that maps Message Interface MI_CALL_BAPI with output message BAPI_CALL_ME and inbound BAPI_CALL_RESPONSE.

Now, should something show up in the JCO list of available BAPI calls on the xMII side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

When you are working with RFC FMs/RFC channels, the message interface has to be one which is in the sap namespace - "ur:sp-rfc...."...that means the message sent to the sender rfc channel should be an RFC fm defined in some RFC system....and the details of the system where the RFC resides will be given in the Sender RFC channel...

You cannot have a custom message interface in the XI -IR and expose it through an RFC channel...

Thanks,

Renjith

Message was edited by:

Renjith Andrews