cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to implement LSO in our client's landscape.

As per note SAP Note 1170324, HCM_LSO_CI_2 business function is necessary to be activated, which is dependent upon EA-HR 604. However, as per note 1170324, if there is no HCM_LSO_CI_* business function activated, LSOFE 600 can be used.

Can we use an abap R3 system as a backend with add on LSOFE installed on same or is it mandatory to use an ECC system as a backend?

Is EA-HR component is mandatory for LSO implementation or not?

Regards,

Abhishek Kalra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to install LSOFE on an AS ABAP system without EA-HR (and SAP_APPL). See SAP note 503907 for details on supported versions and combinations. EA-HR is required for the business functions, if you require the business functions you will have to use ERP 6.0 with the respective EHP.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/503907

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for the reply.

However, my query is regarding business function(includes training for employees) associated with LSO implementation.

Can we install LSOFE on seperate ABAP R3 system and then connect it to portal and ECC system both to carry out the business functions or it is mandatory to have a EA-HR component on same box on which LSOFE component exist?

I have attached the picture of same for better understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I wrote if you require the business functions, EA-HR and the respective EHP is required. There is a tight connection between the frontend functionality and the business functions in newer versions. For example any LSO specific WDAs (Course Administrator, Instructor/Tutor) need to be hosted on a EHP2 or newer system with the switches activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for the reply.

However, we have got the solution. Please refer below link

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_01/helpdata/en/eb/b3b341800e3231e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhishek Kalra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uh? How does that link contradict what I wrote? The link leads to a document showing the technical system landscape. Even in that document which is outdated since it doesn't consider the renovated Learning Portal, it is clearly visible that any WDA functionality (Admin, Instructor/Tutor) requires EA-HR. Go ahead and try it yourself, you will not be able to use the Business Functions if you do not have EA-HR. If the BSP based Learning Portal is sufficient for you and you do not require the Business Functions, you can have the standalone version of LSOFE in a supported AS ABAP system.