cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Editable Custom Order Series Key Figure for SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a business requirement to exclude the Expiring stock ( stock which will get expired in next 5-6 Months) from the SNP Heuristics Calculations at the DC Location. However SNP Heuristics does not recognizes the batch expiry dates and it still considers that stock as part of its stock on hand calculations.

So to meet the above requirements, We are planning to add custom Order Series Key figures to the SNP Planning book. This Custom Order Series Key figure should be editable in the planning book and users should be able to enter the values in the desired SNP bucket. This custom Order Series Key figure will be part of Total Demand calculations and hence We would also need this custom key figure values to appear in RRP3, RRP1 etc, so that at one single place, we have a overview of all requirements. We have done the below setup, but unfortunately we are unable to open this custom key figure in the editable view in the SNP Planning book. When we try to make this custom Order Series Key figures as input/output Mode in the design View of planning book, it gives a message Key figure <XXX> must not be set to ready for input and it remains in the non-editable model. Any pointers on how to make this Key figure editable ?

Set up done till now:

1)      We have created a new Category called ZC with the category Type as Forecast and the reference Category as FA. This is to make this Custom Order Series Key Figure editable just like how Forecast Key Figure in editable in the SNP Planning book.

2)      We have modified the SNP Planning area to include this new custom Order Series Key figures with semantics type as 000 and have also specified the category ZC.

3)      Open the interactive SNP Planning book (/SAPAPO/SDP94) in interactive mode and try to make this custom Order Series Key figures as input/output. This is where we encounter the above message and this custom order series key figures still remains in non-editable mode.

We are also exploring the option of copying the data from Time Series to Order series using the SAP Standard T-CODE /SAPAPO/LCIN but in this T-CODE Target Planning area always remains as 9ASNP02. So should the time series be copied from our custom Planning area to Order series of 9ASNP02 and then again shall we copy back from 9ASNP02 to our custom Planning area using /SAPAPO/TSCOPY. Is this the approach taken generally ? However this copy approach looks bit tedious and hence we would prefer if users can enter the values directly in the Custom Order Series Key figure .

Please share any pointers on how to meet the above requirements in APO, considering the below 2 points

1)      Client does not want a solution to be modelled in ECC ( For example R/3 solution would be like creating a future dated sales orders and keep on modifying that as per expiring stock or create some dedicated Storage location and move the stock to those storage locations and then storage locations stock can be excluded from Planning ). Client Prefers a solution to be modelled completely in APO.

2)      Client also does not want to model this solution using Time Series Key figure. Reason being Time Series Key figures cannot be displayed in RRP3, RRP1 etc. we need visibility of what has been entered in this custom Key figure and hence if this Key figure is time series, we will not be able to track globally of what users have entered. For example if it were to appear in RRP1 or RRP3, then we can filter out on the categories and just view /extract a list of Products for which this has been entered globally.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

When you created the custom order series key figure, did you assign it to a "category group " ? Also when you add this key figure to the planning area, you will have to include the "category group" as well.

Also include the key figure function 1003 in your key figure and remove it from the "Additional Forecast- 9AAFCST" keyfigure.

This should allow you to edit the values for this  order series key figure.

Regards,

Mitesh

Message was edited by: MITESH VERMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mitesh,

Thanks a Lot. Your suggestion has worked.By removing Key Figure Function 1003 from Additional forecast - 9AAFCST and assigning it to my Key custom Key Figure . However there is one issue.

we do not want this custom Key Figure to be consumed by Sales orders but the testing done so far is showing that Sales order is consuming this custom Key Figure. Any pointers on how to resolve this ?

Before trying with this custom Key figure, we tried with Forecast Additional (9AAFCST) and just renamed it as per our project requirement. However even this is getting consumed by Sales Orders.

Requirement Strategy is 20 in Product master and below are the other details

Category: FA

PIR Segment: Net Segment

Assignment Mode: Assign Customer Requirements to Planning with Assembly

Category Group: K01.

Pls share any pointers.

Thanks,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

To ensure forecast is not consumed by sales orders, do the following

1. Create a custom Category group.

2. Assign the custom ATP category to this category group with "Quantity type" as 01.

3. Assign this category group, ATP category and key figure function 1003 to your custom key figure.

Now if you enter any forecast in your custom key figure, it won't be consumed by forecast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct... any KF of type "forecast" will be consumed by sales orders.  that is a limitation.

You can try using OSS note 437090 to prevent it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mitesh,

I tried your suggested approach and it is working planning wise but Forecast Tab of RRP3 view has some issues. I mean in the planning book, the total demand is still the summation of original quantity  ( let's say 500) of custom key figure  but in the RRP3 view, this custom key figure is showing as consumed ( let's say 500-190 ( allocated)  = 190( remaining planning).

Any thoughts on how to ensure that Forecast Tab of RRP3 does not show the consumption details ?

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

I looked into note 437090 and yes the symptoms and solutions mentioned in that are exactly what we are facing. However i am not able to see any corrections instructions in that ? Am i doing something wrong here ? also can you please let me know from your experience if at all you have implemented this note in any of your projects.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mitesh,

When i created this custom Category, i chose the type of category as Forecast. So I am wondering if using any other type ( for example Requirements) is it possible to add a editable order series key figure as part of total demand and also not get it consumed by forecast. Any thoughts here pls ?

Regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I checked in my system as well. In the planning book it shows as not consumed but in the product view, it is actually getting consumed. So I think the custom order series key figure won't help.

I can suggest another approach which should meet your requirement. Create a timeseries key figure in your SNP planning area. Let user enter their requirements in this key figure and then release the requirements from this time series key figure as forecast but with strategy 10 using the tcode /sapapo/mc90.  SInce the forecast is with strategy 10, sales order won't be able to consume this forecast.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

As long as you're using requirement strategy for consumption, those orders whose category is with category type 'Forecast' will get consumed. I think you're right on this point.

Whether a key figure is editable in SNP planning book depends on the aggregates it is assigned and it's key figure function or semantic. By reading the code, if a key figure satisfies one of the below condistions, it is editable:

aggregate = '9AMALA'   AND keyf_fun = 4001

aggregate = '9AMALA'   AND keyf_fun = 4006

aggregate = '9AMALA'   AND keyf_fun = 4007

aggregate = '9AMALA'   AND keyf_fun = 4008

aggregate = '9AMALA'   AND keyf_fun = 4013

aggregate = '9AMALO'   AND keyf_fun = 1002

aggregate = '9AMALO'   AND keyf_fun = 1003

aggregate = '9AMALASA' AND keyf_fun = 1002

aggregate = '9AMALASA' AND keyf_fun = 4018

aggregate = '9AMALOSA' AND keyf_fun = 4018

aggregate = '9AMALO'   AND keyf_fun = 4018

aggregate = '9AMALASA' AND keyf_fun = 4020

aggregate = '9AMALOSA' AND keyf_fun = 4020

aggregate = '9AMAPR'   AND keyf_fun = 2001

aggregate = '9AMAPR'   AND keyf_fun = 2004

aggregate = '9AMALO'   AND keyf_fun = 4017

aggregate = '9AMALASA' AND keyf_sem = '001

And to such key figures, you can assign your customized category and the category group that contains your customized category . Then you'll be able to edit it.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, in order to make a key figure included in the total requirement calculation, you can just simply adjust the 'stock on hand' macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

With strategy 10, Forecast gets consumed but that happens after the Goods issue of Sales order. So i think even with Strategy 10, i will have this issue of forecast consumption.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Thanks for the detailed information.  we are unable to use 1002 and 1003 Key Figure function as both are of type Forecast. 1002 we are already using for forecast release from DP to SNP and with 1003 we have this consumption issue as mentioned in the original thread.

Out of other Key Functions you mentioned, all are receipt related key figure except the KF with function 4008. This Key figure is VMI Demand ( conf.).

however when i have added this KF to my planning area, it is editable but i am unable to enter any values. Whenever i enter any values in SDP94, values just vanishes.

Any idea of what's happening and is there are any pre-requisite before i start want to use VMI Demand (Conf.).

Thanks,

Pawan.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

Basically you cannot have more than one key figures with the same key figure function in an planning area. So if you want to use your own key figure, you'll maybe need to remove the standard key figure, or at least remove its key figure function.

Since it's quite strict to 'editable' key figures in SNP planning book as I mentioned above, it's not easy for customer to create their own key figure ... unless you create TS key figure.

Not sure what happend to your VMI key figure ... did you assign any category to it?

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just thinking out loud here.

Create time series kf (fa) in DP planning area.

Create order series kf in SNP planning area.

Sourcing forecast from DP to SNP (connecting DP-SNP planning area)

Can you explore if this helps.

Thanks.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

If my understanding is correct ionce you have linked a Category or Category group to a KF it automatically becomes 'un-editable' as the values are supposed to be 'read' and not entered.

Thanks,

Subash