cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Compounding in Bex query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Experts,

I just want to remove "Compunding" in the Bex Output.

I searched in SDN. But i didnt get answer for this issue. I can see the Option "Hide" for Keyfigures but not for characteristics.

How to achieve this.

Thanks.

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To remove the compounding infoobject at Bex level keep the compounding infoobject in rows and the original infoobject below that and hide the compounde infoobject.

By this way you can hide the compounded infoobject.

Lets take for eg:Material is compunded with plant

ROWS

Plant---Hide

Material-----

M1/1001

After this only material will be displayed.

M1

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Anshu. I just want to know where can i get hide option for Characteristics. I have seen the option "Hide" for keyfigures only.

Can you pls guide me.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to query designer--Select that particular characterisitc----On the right had side pane---Select the display tab--Value Display--Display as---Select No display

For Result Rows--Always supress.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anshu,

Thank you very much for the detailed step.

It is working perfect as i expected.

Thanks.

Ram.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Glad to know that.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anshu

I try to deal with similar issue. I've applied the trick according to your instruction.

But I found that in case when there is more than one value in the compounding object that I set to 'No Display' - the solution doesn't help me.

The aggregation still uses compounded object and not only the second part of it.

Translating it to the example here - there are values:

M1/1001     100

M2/1001     200

When I applied the trick, my report still shows:

1001          100

1001          200

While I would like to achieve this:

1001          300

Is it possible at all?

Regards,

Adrian

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the "hide" what you are looking for is an option for the characteristic.

You need to add you compounding char in the query drilldown before the char you actually want to see.

The go to properties and set the result to "never show" and the display to "no display".

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I have  tried the method mentiioned by Anshu.It  has not worked for me.

If your issue is that the unwanted characteristics appear in the report when you display the required char in the following fashion:

'GL account/chart of accounts' whereas you only want GL account to be displayed in the report.

Then you can simple put a filter in the global section of the report with Chart of accounts( in my eg. your's may be different) and restrict the values there itself. I have used this method several times and it has always worked.

Regards,

Saurabh Ojha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 . Drag and drop compounding object in Rows before info object.

2 . Change the display property of the compounding object to "No display"

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this is a very clear answer indicating that the compound characteristic, which you really do not want in the final display, should be in a column before the characteristic you want without the compounding.  Then for the un-needed characteristic, use the properties setting display "none" so that the actual characteristic you are interested in displays cleanly.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Its not possible to remove compounding object at bex level other than hide. you need to go with hide option only.

Thanks