cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do multiple installs on one server at the same time ?

dan_chan1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi. we have a project where the basis group is under very tight deadlines. We are tasked with installing multiple SAP systems on the same server. Is it possible to install more than one SAP systems ( ie ERP, BI, EP, CRM ) on the same physical server at the same time. for example on analyst install ERP while at the same time another analyst do EP and so on.... Has anyone done that before and if so are there any issures. ( I put in a SAP note and got the response that this is not supported, but I just wanted to see if anyone had done it anyways )

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Frankly simultaneous installations is not a great idea. There will be an enormous competition for resources. Then you also need to make available ports for carrying out the installations. Next it will involve high amount of coordination

What of course is more reasonable is the idea of hosting more than one SAP instance on the same physical server though again harware is a very important concern. It includes your hard disk space,memory,CPU and other generic hardware.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

You can install all the components one after one(check wether do you have sufficiant hardware) but not simultaneously refer the sap installation doc for inst guides and do sizing as per your reqirement from service.sap.com/sizing

Cheers,

Shyam