cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new system in SAP HANA Studio on Cloudshare VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I subscibed for SAP HANA services being provided by the cloudshare to go through OpenSAP courses online. It used to work as expected. I created the HANA system, repository and a project. Server status was GREEN and working as expected.

I restarted the system and then whenever I want to do any changes on the SAP HANA Repository or Project Explorer, the changes are not getting Checked/Committed/Activated on to the server. I tried many times but in vain.

Finally, I deleted all the things which I created in HANA Studio including the HANA System on SAP HANA Systems tab, repository on SAP HANA Repositories tab and the Project on Project explorer. I started to create from scratch and tried to add the HANA system again in the HANA Studio but it is throwing the attached errors. SAP HANA SPS5 server provided to me is up and running.

Please help as I am stuck up for the past one day and not able to continue with my Open SAP courses and I need to submit the assignment by today EOD.

Thanks,
Harish Kalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys , i  got it resolved. its my fault on not reading the README.txt on the virutual machine

It has the Instance details with right credentials..

Thou nobody respond. Thanks to all 

Thanks

Kumar

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Where we will get this README.txt file and how we will log on VM .

Please help me.

Thanks

Jana

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the support.

I got readme.text file in VM, I have solved the issue. I am closing this loop.

Thanks

J Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Janardhan,

I could not locate readme.txt file. Could you please help me on this.

Thank you in advance,

Parvathy

former_member200345
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the userid and the password is correctly maintained while creating the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys ,

Any update over this.. i am a newbie to hana.

I am stuck, exactly in the same place as you guys point.. any help would be really great.

Thanks

kumar

kavithapalleda
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too am facing the same issue when trying to Add system in SAP HANA studio on cloudshare VM.  Tried local as well.  Nothing seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Please check Unit 2 (Week 1). There they have explained how to add "regi.exe" which is a one time activity. I hope once you do this activity your issue would be solved.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Govind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Thanks for the update but "regi.exe" file is already tagged in the preference settings. And I am trying to connect to SAP HANA Server from SAP HANA Studio through the provided VM's by Cloudshare.

And now its totally a different issue altogether. I am unable to start the SAP HANA Server and HANA Studio VM's from the Cloudshare.

I am completely stuck

Thanks,

Harish Kalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

You write that "SAP HANA SPS5 server provided to me is up and running", but have you actually verified that the database is running? It seems like the HANA db server is down. Logon to the OS of your HANA server machine and restart the database (how? It's all explained in the cloudshare getting started guide...). Them try to connect again...

--juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks Juergen for the update. I couldn't log on to the HANA DB by changing the user to 'hdbadm' as I don't know how to change to another user in Linux OS, mentioned in the document (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33269).

I restarted the whole Linux instance and presently it's working again. If possible, can you please guide me how to change the user to HDBADM in these kind of cases on Linux OS system.

Thanks,

Harish

former_member182779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read section 5 of this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33269

hdbadm is used after you log into the Linux box...to be able to stop and start the SAP HANA instance.

Greetings,

Blag.

kavithapalleda
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks much, Juergen. 

However, when I try to start the HDB, I get the message 'FAIL: process hdbindexserver HDB Indexserver not running'.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kavitha,

i m also facing the same problem is it resolved for u ?