cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBA - Determination Location activity

0 Kudos

Hello all.

I'm using RBA to solve a few problems in our plant. But a have a few doubts:

1) The Determination Location Activity is obligatory sets Business Event and Check mode? If let blank this activity is run to all?

2) Are there another way to start a Determination Location Activity besides substitutions? Or are there another way to control CTP/ATP instead determination location activity?

3) I need control the CTP for each Rule. Is there badi for it?

Scenario:

I had 2 rules to control the horizon. The rules have equals settings, the only difference is the calculation profile.

First rule limits 15 days in calculation profile and the second rule 120 days.

In the first rule i need only Availabity Check and the second rule Production directly.

I don't need substitution.

Best Regards

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I would say so many questions

Here you go.

1) The Determination Location Activity is obligatory sets Business Event and Check mode? If let blank this activity is run to all?

Its not obligatory to put business event and check mode in determination activity unless you want to RBA to use different business event and check mode then in product master.

2) Are there another way to start a Determination Location Activity besides substitutions? Or are there another way to control CTP/ATP instead determination location activity?

You can use determination activity using location determination procedure only.

CTP need not to be always triggered using RBA you can refer SAP help link for more info on this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/25/b0c23ba6af1855e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

3) I need control the CTP for each Rule. Is there badi for it?

As per your requirement you can create a rule sequence, which have two rules in it, first rule without production trigger and second rule with production trigger.

Hope this answers your query.

Rgds

Sourabh

0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh..

Its not obligatory to put business event and check mode in determination activity unless you want to RBA to use different business event and check mode then in product master.

Tested and it's correct!

You can use determination activity using location determination procedure only.

CTP need not to be always triggered using RBA you can refer SAP help link for more info on this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/25/b0c23ba6af1855e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

As per your requirement you can create a rule sequence, which have two rules in it, first rule without production trigger and second rule with production trigger.

Hope this answers your query.

Here we have MTS products and using safety stock.

The MRP run and orders are generated in horizon of 5 months.

Everything is ok.

After these, the user starts to enter Purschase Orders. Sometimes there is only one order in future without pegging.

ATP confirm the PO at 5 months in future.

We cannot use limited horizon.

We need to limit the ATP to 15 days, after this run CTP(Surplus is allowed).

Like i said, my intention is use Calcultion Profile to limit the horizon of the First Rule. This rule only execute ATP. For this we need the activity, but a determination is required. The only way i found was insert record directly in table /sapapo/rba04.

Plant 1001 to Plant 1001.

The second rule is CTP directly.

In most of cases works correctly these rules. In another cases, don't pass throught the first rule.

Best Regards.

Marcelo

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Your post looks great.

Are you looking for any more info from my side here, if yes please let me know what is that you are looking for.

Rgds

Sourabh

0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh

Regards.

Marcelo

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

If you don't have any further questions here, then in that case it would be good to close the thread .

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo ,

Have you tried  "End check without confirming in the checking horizon" . I guess it will ignore receipt far in the future (according to the checking horizon maintained in Location - Product master) and use other mean (CTP , RBA etc ) to confirm the requirement . Please confirm if it suits your requirement .  

Kind Regards ,

Love Singh