cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The lead selection has not been set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Switching from one view to another within a WD4A application leads to an exception called "The lead selection has not been set".

Can anybody tell me where to look for the cause of this error?

ST22 should tell me more but doesn't make any sense to me.

Help me out here, please.

Thanks in advance...

Wouter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a table on your view? with lead selection as mode? or do you have the

statement node->get_lead_selection somewhere?

maybe those places can help you out.

grtz

Koen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all...

The problem appeared to be caused by the fact that in one particular case a context node was not filled with data where it should have data.

Filling the node with data solved it all.

Thanks for your replies...

Wouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

A UI element is bound to a context node or attribute on a node , where this node is defined as

cardinality 0..n or 0..1.

The framework will not create a default empty element in this case.

When the view is to be rendered, its source content doesnt exist. AS the node has

no elements. rendering fails....

boom

regards

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Woeter,

As per my understanding the reason for to get this dump is that you have set the property "Initialization Lead Selection" to true of a context node in the CALLED view.. now since initially there is no data in your context the system is not able to perform this action and hence you get this dump. Uncheck this and it should work fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

I had the same error. But in my case I was clicking on one radio button and then a button used to take me to other page. Here I changed the cardinality for the node which i used for radio button as 1...N

Now in your case check for the cardinality. You can try with different cardinalities as per your requirements.

Hope this answer will help you.

Cheers,

Darshna.