Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object to restrict classification view in Material Masters..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts, I need your advice for the below authorization request:

How do I restrict classification view Maintenance for Material Master (MM01/MM02).

Tried to restrict with the object: C_KLAH_BKL and C_TCLA_BKA but no luck.

The classification view should be only displayed in the Material Master (MM03) but shouldn't be available to create / change the view in MM01/MM02 tcode.

Please advice. Appreciate your responses.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the auth. object M_MATE_STA. I hope it will help you to restrict classification view Maintenance for Material Master.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you say you have restricted on objects C_KLAH_BKL & C_TCLA_BKA, still it is not restricting, So either you need to find out exact object to restrict using st01 trace in deep or through su24 check.

Another way to restrict is to create Z transaction codes, using ABAPer program and disable classification field for MM01 & MM02 tcodes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Tried the options.

The classification view cannot be restricted for create / change. The authorization object to restrict the classification is either to be completely locked down (display / change / create) or completely open (display / change / create).

I would like to check for a possibility to display the classification view from MM03 but not for MM01 and MM02 tcodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran / Sapian1

what you can do is to configure the screen order for the material, create two variants one with the Classification screen and one without it.

Make the default point to the one without the classification screen 

Then for the create (MM01)  and change (MM02)  only allocate the first variant without the Classiifcation screen.

For the display transaction (MM03) assign the variant with the classification.

Then again in the assign screen sequence control, create a reference with a reference user (just an ID no real user) that uses the variant with the classification screen included.

In the user screen reference you can then assign the users you want to have access to create and change the classification and assign them with the reference user ID.

This way even if the user has access to maintain the classification without being assigned in OMT3E they can't.

...Andy

PS I know it's an old topic