cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing date for returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

I understand that it is logical to have GI date as the billing date for customer sales, but for returns, how is the pricing date calculated ( both on with reference & without reference).

what will be the ideal logic of calculating the returns billing date, do we have a standard approach?

currently on without reference billing date defaults the order creation date & hence transferred to invoice.

since returns are relevant for order related billing, i dont see a copy control to refer the date as goods return as well.

i would like to understand the standard business logic first & then to know the available Standard SAP settings on various date parameters for return billing.

Regards

Ilango

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

sorry about the confusion, i was intending to ask about the billing date logic for a return document. should the billing date for a return not be calculated based on the goods return? like how we have for Billing date calculated from PGI date for regular customer orders, where we also have a standard routine available & is normally used.

Return billing ( credit memo) being order related billing, how can i link this to the appropriate delivery. any options other than controlling this at the routine level at copy control of order to billing?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ilango,

If you want to create a credit memo for returns with the billing date as PGR date; then why don't you consider having delivery-related billing for the return process (instead of order related billing)?

Then probably the PGR date shall default as the billing date in the billing document (similar to, as it is happening in the OTC process)

Please test this.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that it is logical to have GI date as the billing date for customer sales, but for returns, how is the pricing date calculated ( both on with reference & without reference).

As mentioned by our members, either in the document type or through copy control settings.

what will be the ideal logic of calculating the returns billing date, do we have a standard approach?

Not clear on what you are asking for, are you asking for billing date or pricing date. Billing date at the header level of the billing and pricing date would be at the item level. If you are interested in the pricing date, then use copy control settings [Original invoice to return sales order (VTAF -field Data -to Transfer business data at line item) and then return sales order to return billing -credit memo (VTFA)) field data VBRK/VBRP at line item] to transfer the pricing date.

Normally the pricing date will need to be pulled from original invoice unless otherwise business demands something other option.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how is the pricing date calculated

For your return order type, you need to check this tab.

Based on what you maintain for your return order type, system will propose the pricing date.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi RV

Please check the Sales Document type for return ( i.e Return Sales Document ) . Under the tab Requested Delivery Date / Pricing Date/ Purchage order date

you can find Proposed pricing date based on the requested dlv.date , there Enter the date which you want the system to propose for the pricing date when a sales document is created. You can overwrite the proposal in the sales docume

Here, you can have options like Pricing Date based on Proposal based on Todays date or Propsal based on Requested delivery date . Please select one based on your requirement .

Hope it will help you to resolve the issue

Venkat ....

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In copy rules, for items, in data VBRP/VBRK see the routine VOFM 011 as a template. Is in this routines where you can handle the billing date according your requirements.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your post!

Could you please comment -

1. In VTFL, Field Data VBRK/VBRP - From my understanding this field was used to "set the logic" for invoice splitting and consolidation. But you are using it for "setting the logic" for billing date. Does that mean a code for any purpose could be set in this field?

2. Order related billing - The return process discussed by the OP is order related billing. So could the code done in copy control delivery > billing help? (as billing shall be done based on order)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

Usually the data VBRK/VBRP is used for splitting logic. If you read the routine 007 (for instance) you can read how ends:

vbrk-zukri = zuk.

ie: it is populating the field ZUKRI in VBRK.

routing 011 sets:

vbrk-fkdat = sy-datum.

Think that routine is called from include LV60AA95 in this coding

cpymodul-nr = tvcpf-grurp.
    perform (cpymodul) in program sapfv60c.

and TVCPF-GRURP is the VOFM routine. If you know ABAP or if you ask to an ABAPer you could see how a lot of fields in VBRK and VBRP are being populated in this include. You can change some fields. Other thing is if this practice is advisable or not.

Related with the second question. I am sorry, perhaps I am in a mistake and I don't understand you properly. The flow in return (SO-> BILL or SO->delivery->bill) depends on requirement. Here in Spain is usual customer returns all kind of goods in a huge mess (all kind of goods, sometimes from competency) and the reason is a sales policy rule. The customer says he is returning some goods, you say OK and you bill this credit. Usually the goods go to rubbish, because it could be more expensive do the inverse logistics (check what you can delivery again to other customers, what not) than send all return to rubbish and you avoid a possible issue with the client.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

Many thanks for your post!

One more question - The logic for populating the billing date in the billing document (in the normal case) (i.e. PGI date should populate as VBRK-FKDAT,

but if manual entry is done in VBRK-FKDAT, in VF01, then this date should populate in the billing document etc.)

Where is this logic (code) written?

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

When you run VF01 and create the invoice you are calling the function module RV_INVOICE_CREATE. In this FM is when you call the VOFM and the former include works.

For this VOFM, the value of RV60A-FKDAT is passed to INVOICE_DATE and this value to KOM-FKDAT. In include LV60AA95, you can find (after calling the VOFM) this coding:

if kom-fkdat ne 0.
     vbrk-fkdat = kom-fkdat.

endif.

It means if your entry in RV60A-FKDAT in tcode VF01 has any value, SAP sets as VBRK-FKDAT the value that user writes in the screen in VF01 and overwrites former values in VBRK-FKDAT.

My suggestion is set break-points and doing a debugging session, looking for in the coding values for KOM-FKDAT.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo