cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO SEND EMAIL FROM THE SAP SYSTEM THROUGH MSEXCHANGE SERVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

we got a problem with the mail sending , we got an   error  when sending mails  from sap system to the out side .

"Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (final)", this is the error . i have enclose the settings of the rz10 and acot.

is this settings are correct? , please let me know if any body knows the configaration settings.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello veerrareddy,

You have to set email and  Communication mathod in SU01. RML means remote mail.  If you want send a mail between two sap systems or client(sbwp) means you have to use RML.  please gothrough the below link for communication methods.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/6c/69c175418d11d1896e0000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards

Farkath.C

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That error is typical of a bad config of the SMTP server.

I can see you used port 2500, the default SMTP port is 25... You need to check with your mail team if that info is correct. 

You can test by doing a telnet <smtp_host> <port>

Also you need to make sure that the IP Address of you SAP system is populated on the relay agent of the SMTP server.

Read,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/SAP+to+send+external+mails

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

thanks for the quick replay, i change the profile parameter in rz10. but still not  changed the port in smicm, so how can i change the port of smtp to 25. i have attach the screen shot

regards

vreddy

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Taking aside the fact that your ICM parameters are not configured properly (judging from the screenshot above) you SMTP is active in ICM and you should do the change of port in SCOT -> Mail port.

Now, as I mentioned before, you need to make sure that your firewall is open in port 25 and that your SMTP Server Relay Agent is populated.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI juan

Tthanks for the  replay.how  can i set the icm parameters....

what parameters  i have to set please mention me,

how i can change the smtp port?.please send clear message.

every this is open in router. please help me juan

regards

vreddy

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vreddy,

Could you check whether you have set the following parameter correctly

icm/server_port_2 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25,TIMEOUT=180, EXTBIND=1.

Take SAP restart and then check the status in SMICM transaction.

Later follow the steps as described in the link shared by Juan.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepal 

i change the parameter, smtp is initiated , Thanks for the help. now again new problem is coming  iam sending mails to idadmin, i got this error  "Cannot process message, no route from IDADMIN to mail id. i follow this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/508040. but i can not understand  RML. what is RML ? , How to set the RML.

Regards

vreddy

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vreddy,

As per the thread, For user IDADMIN , please check in SU01 under section Communication whether RML has been maintained or not.

Also you need to defined an email id in SU01 -> Email for user IDADMIN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vreddy,

Ensure, in SCOT tx. in SMTP node, you have got "Internet" enabled as the supported address types. Also, you need to have "*" or the email id of your recipient under the address area against the Set tab. Also, in SU01, under Communication, make Comm. Method as Remote Mail and see if it gets through.

Good luck.

Brijesh Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepak

i open the suo1, but iam unable to find the section communication.

my question is what is Rml?

regards

vreddy