cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM35 Restrict authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

How can we ensure that the user can only see her/his own jobs?

I found a few topics similar to my problem, but solutions did not work. For example topic:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1427791

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There really is no good way to do what you want.  Regarding that post you've found, what that is doing is basically filtering what the user sees based on batch session name.  You could theoretically create a role per user with a specific naming convention per user, but that would get messy very quickly if you have a lot of users.  The users would also have to be responsible to name their batch sessions with the prefix in order for them to see their sessions.

Does the restriction need to be by user or can you restrict it by a group of users?  If you can limit the number of roles you would have to create the aforementioned solution can be easier to manage.

As far as jobs, you can give the users access to SMX, which will only display their own jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tony!

Create individual roles for 1000 people, it`s a very difficult work!

It may be possible to use the parameters in su01?I have`nt got any idea. But it is important to work.

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The only issue with using parameters is that users can change their own parameters with SU3.  If this is a critical issue, you could have your developers create a z transaction from SM35, this would allow them to create a filter for that transaction based on user ID.  I'm sorry to say that there really is not a good solution for this problem.  The company for which I work also had this problem, we ended up having to give SM35 to the implementation project team members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony, thank u for answer! I hope that will decide the issue.