cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 EHP1 - Abap Stack only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to install Banking Services from SAP 8.0 and this requires SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 including EHP1 installation.

I wanted to know if it's possible to only install Abap stack for this purpose.

Also, as per installation guide during installation if the 'Standard system' is chosen all mandatory instances are installed.

Would I be prompted for the usage type in this case?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses.

I have been able to install Banking Services from SAP 8.0 successfully.

The pre-requisite is to install SAP NetWeaver 7.1 AS ABAP enhancement package 1 for this.

However, this is available only under Release SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 including EHP1 and not individually.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anita,

If you are going to do a new installation, why install an old 7.1 version? You can better install the 7.3.

The options for SAP PI 7.3 is Dual Stack (ABAP+Java) or Single Stack Java.

Single stack ABAP is not an option since the adapter engine is running in JAVA.

Regards

Stephan Nilsson

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

PI Installation is a dual stack installation i.e. both the ABAP & Java Stacks would be installed in a single Database under separate schema(s).

When you will begin installation, you would not get an option to select/un-select the Java Stack.

However, if your concern is the keep the Java Stack separate from the host on which ABAP stack is deployed, you can split the Dual Stack system after installation. But SAP Dual Stack Split for PI systems is not yet that much recommended, or what I mean to say is that, although the Dual Stack for all systems other that PI/Solution Manager is/will not be supported in future, but PI is still supported.

Ref: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33703

Please let me know your concern, in that case

Regards,

Akshay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

It's been a while since I installed a PI system, but my understanding is that you need both ABAP and Java instances to be installed as the communication channels run under the Java.

Regards,

Graham