cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Java Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been searching through SCN and various notes and I can't seem to find an answer to my quest for a Java engine.  I am running an instance of ERP 6.0 EHP6 and I need a Java engine to run Adobe Document Services.  When I run the SAPINST.EXE, which option do I select to create the Java instance?  The NetWeaver node?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jon,

I would recommend installing SAP NetWeaver Application Server AS Java 7.3.  Below is the standard system path from SAPInst or SWPM.

SAP NetWeaver 7.3 > SAP Systems > Application Server Java > Standard System

Adobe Document Services is a component within all Application Server Java systems.  So, once you install a Java Stack, you should be able to configure ADS.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, my error was that I was trying to install it from the sapinst.exe that comes with ERP, where there is no option for Application Server Java.  Instead I had to download the Software Provisioning Manager and the java exports for NW 7.30.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to install the Java SDK before you can install Adobe Document Services.  Download the latest SDK from the below link.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/download-141771.html

Once you have it installed you are going to have to set a couple of system environment variables.

1. Go to your system properties in Windows and click on Environment Variables
  2. Create a new system variable named JAVA_HOME pointing to the JRE folder in the newly installed Java SDK path.

You should be all set.  Let me know if you have further issues.