cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom IDoc to IDoc scenario: IDoc not reaching backend SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a scenario where an SAP system (ECC) sends a fully custom IDoc through PI (7.3) to another SAP system (SID: SRD, this too an ECC5). IDoc adapter used on sender and receiver are in IS (not AAE)

IDocs are being sent out from SAP (Source) successfully, and PI receives the message. Source and Target IDoc types are different and mapping is done in message mapping.

The messages in MONI has overall and outb status 'Successful'. But Ack status column has green question mark (still awaiting ack)

IDX5 records also looks good. I do not see any trace of error in PI

SM58 in PI and receiver SAP do not show any error.

But the problem is, I am not getting the IDocs in the receiver SAP system  

The receiver SAP has all configurations for Inbound IDocs (message type, function module, direction, function assigning, process code, pratner profile, etc)

From WE19, when I test the IDoc type with

sender system as  PI logicla system

sender port as SAP<SID> of PI

Receiver system as logical system (of current client) of SRD

Receiver port as SAPSRD

and with some valid data in segments, the partner profile is identified successfully and IDoc gets posted successfully.

So I think the config for back end SAP is good.

In the IDoc mapping, I have mapped all components of EDI_DC40 segment from source IDoc (which may not be right as both are different idoc type) but in receiver IDoc adapter I have 'Apply control record values from Payload' Selected.

And in receiver agreement I haveheader mapping selected for Sender communication component and assigned communication component is PI business system.

As I don't see any error in PI and in receiver SAP system, I am not able to find why the IDocs are not reaching receiver SAP.

Can some one please guide me to find where the IDoc is stuck or errored?

In MONI, in IDocOutbound section, I can see the control records are getting mapped correctly.

But in same screen under payload ->MainDocument, I still see EDI_DC40 segment with original source IDoc control records aprt of payload.

Can that be an issue ? If so, how should avoid this in message mapping? All these are mandatory fields.

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I dont think IDoc getting lost in SAP ECC, have you checked in we02 for IDocs, the entry should be there iunder inbound IDocs.

If any issue with control record then IDoc will fail in we02 with error status,if there is any issue RFC destination then you will see failure in MONI.

1)Check RFC destination,port details in IDoc receiver channel and make sure that RFC destination pointing to right system/client.

2)If you think control record values are causing an issue then dont use option apply controlc record values from payload and take sender/receiver from pay load.This case at configuration team it reads values.

3)Disable acknowledgements at ECC.

Thank you,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for responding.

In receiver SAP system, I have already checked WE02. No inbound IDocs of the type I am expecting. With a wide open search in WE02, I could see couple of my IDocs, but those are the one I created from WE19. So I still think IDocs are not reaching SAP.

Since I don't see IDocs (in any status) in we02, I thought problem could be with RFC destination. But surprisingly I don't see any trace of error in MONI.

Will recheck/try the options you provided.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You can check  the transactions  sxmb_moni,idx2 , sm58(in PI).

and  we02/we05 in ECC.

If you are not able to find any errors in PI and the message is not there in ECC then please check  your RFC destination/connection properties from IDOC receiver adapter .

Thanks,

Dhanish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Please check SM58 of your PI.IDOc must be stuck in SM58.

Regards,

Shri

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

In case you need to map the EDI_DC40 segment, don't map from the source IDoc but choose values based on partner profile in the target ECC box else just disable the segment and dont apply control record from payload.

I hope the inbound process code, message type etc are existing in target ECC box. Also please make sure the receiver IDoc adapter has got the RFC destination specific to ECC target box.

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Curious! Is this resolved ?

Ambrish