cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Platform for SAP MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts-

SAP MII has evolved a lot since its beginning..

Desire for better performance, minimum loading time of application, faster processing.. has led ways for many things..One such change has been on way how UI display comes on.. From using applets to client side code using java script, jquery, YUI, HTML5..and many others!

I would like to understand if any study documents pron/cons as to which scripting language helps SAP MII at best ..

Any recommendations or be it just your personnel favourite of all or just what you think shall dominate the future versions...

Looking for your thoughts.

Thanking You

Regards

Ruchir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe you'll find a clear answer, front end development is a fast moving world,

While people were happy with the simplification that jQuery offered a couple of years a go, now they realize that just simple code doesn't lead to a well structured application. Don't just believe me, but also one of the main developers of jQuery.

http://addyosmani.com/blog/is-jquery-the-best-option-for-large-scale-app-development/

For an enterprise application I'd also look for a suite that offers several widgets/components that are known to work together. There might be a jQuery plugin for everything, but they're not guaranteed to work together. You might also want the same framework for desktop and mobile applications to reuse your developments.

• SAPUI5 is a possibility offering quite advanced features and an 'all in' approach.
  • Dojo is not as known as jQuery but it too offers a complete approach with widgets.

For a larger project I'd inform about getting some front-end developers, see what their proposals are, because it is a lot of knowledge. A good one would not fix the framework used but look for the right solution to your concerns and budget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit.. Thanks Hari for your thoughts.

I agree with you all that SAP UI offering looks promising but I am sure it will be a tough competition going ahead ..

We all are getting drifted towards the focus shifting on the client side scripts which are much lighter than server side scripts.. I am sure some one would be evaluating the best platform pron/cons of each..be it performance security or many more factors to account for..

I would ask all our friends to join in to conversation and help setting the focus for the best choice for UI Platfom going forth..

Thanking You

Regards

Ruchir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personly we cast our votes on jQuery as you can find tons of documentation and plugins out there and can hire jQuery competent programmers right away should we need reinforcements or replacement dye to "people in flow".

Propriatary SAP programmers are in short supply and thus heavily paid. Thus, you might want to sacrifice "whats best for my project" over "whats best for my future sallary"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ever since HTML5 has made it to the web, UI's have evolved almost every day.

With JQuery+Javascript, they are evolving even faster. Be it SAPUI5, Sencha, jqPoral or be it the free jeasyUI. All have excellent documentation and lots of examples to try.

And, there is a new a offering from SAP...The  SAP Fiori

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have used DHTMLX and i like it. I have heard EXTJS is similar and competitive product .

And SAP offering of HTML5 components  SAPUI5 seems to be very promising...

Thanks

Hari

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir,

My personnal favourite would be the SAP UI5 which is a javascript library.

SAP UI5 provides easy to code framework and very nice UI look.

Dipankar Saha has provided the information in very elaborative way in the following blog:

Regards,

Rohit Negi.