cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Long Text Data from CN22 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to fetch the long text data entered through CN22 Transaction for one of the material component attached to it. PR has already been raised.

I saw the header data and the information was as follows:-

Text Name   10400008768070001
Language    EN
Text ID     MATK
Text Object AUFK

I used the function module READ_TEXT and passed the above information and found that Text Name (TDNAME) is the field which is changing at run time.

Also, the field data is coming from structure RESBD and field name is POTX1. I saw two tables STXH and STXL but could not find any link relevant to PS and field TDNAME used in these two tables. Please suggest if there is any link so that I can fetch the data of the long text entered through CN22 Transaction.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally, text name in the READ_TEXT function would be the document number + line number  ..

look in that view..

may be here  Network and Activity is combined to form the Text Name.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkateswaran K,

Well my network number is - 100000002040 and activity number is 0010. Under header section, Text name passed as 10400008768070001. So there is no such combination of network and activity. But please clear me about what is the document number and line number and where I can find them ?

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean in general it is document number in line number for case like PO etc..

In this case it is Network number and activity number...

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Somehow, you helped me to some extent. When I looked at my Text name 10400008768070001. There indeed was a combination of few things that I was missing out. Actually, in my case PR+Reservation was generating from PS and user was making PR+Reservation from CN22 transaction only by adding material component out there and adding long text for each material against PR and Reservation. In my case PR number was 2000002059 with line item no 10 and Reservation number was 876807 with line item 1. So by looking closely to text name 10400008768070001, it came out as combination of "Client Id + Reservation number prefixed with 0000 + material component line item number ". Luckily, I got the table from ABAP Development Workbench Repository in which PR number and reservation number are present. The table is RSDBS. There I passed my PR number and I got my reservation number associated with PR number and my job is done.

Thanks

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Great..

If the issue is now solved, kinldy update your problem and resolution and close this thread by marking the updtes with correct/helpful answers.  This will help everyone in future if they face similar problem.  

Regards,

Venkat

Answers (0)