cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create SAP cluster Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Experts,

I am getting error "Could not create SAP cluster Group Error:1" while installing Installing the first cluster Node on ECC 6.0 NW 7.0 SR1.I know the Netweaver version is too old  but the client insists on the current version. I tried creating the cluster group manually and proceed but  still getting the issue. Not sure what the problem is.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkatesh Iyer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii all,

The issue has been resolved .Used SWPM for installation .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you create the cluster group manually, is the naming convention SAP<SID>, without a space?  If so, rename it to be SAP <SID> (note the space in between SAP and <SID>).  I know that you cannot create a cluster resource off the bat with a space in the name because that is not a valid DNS name, but once it is created you can rename it.  The installer is expecting to have the format SAP <SID> and it will not work without that space in the cluster name.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

Kindly provide/check the R3clus.log and sapinst_dev.log.

Also, review note 112266.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Eduardo,

Here is the R3clus.log

This error occurs when i try to create the group manually,

9.6.2013, 20:6:46, ntclsapclus.cpp, 340, Entry: TakeResourceOffline

9.6.2013, 20:6:46, ntclsapclus.cpp, 350, Exit: TakeResourceOffline RC= 0

9.6.2013, 20:7:15, ntclsclcrsrc.cpp, 425, CreateSAPFileShare failed 5007

The cluster resource could not be found.

This error occurs when it tries to create automatically

9.6.2013, 20:16:2, ntclsapclus.cpp, 89, Entry: CreateSAPClusterGroup

9.6.2013, 20:16:2, ntclcluster.cpp, 331, CreateIPAddress: NetworkName undefined not found in NetworkNameList

9.6.2013, 20:16:2, ntclsclcrsrc.cpp, 411, CreateSAPIPAddress failed 1

Incorrect function.

The sapinst.log 

FO 2013-06-09 20:14:06.973

Output of cluster.exe RESOURCE "SAP GPS SAPMNT" is written to the logfile cluster.exe.log.

WARNING 2013-06-09 20:14:06.988

Execution of the command "cluster.exe RESOURCE "SAP GPS SAPMNT"" finished with return code 5007. Output:

Listing status for resource 'SAP GPS SAPMNT':

Resource             Group                Node            Status

-------------------- -------------------- --------------- ------

System error 5007 has occurred (0x0000138f).

The cluster resource could not be found.

WARNING 2013-06-09 20:15:59.471

Execution of the command ".\NTCLUSTER\crclgrp.exe /global_disk G: /sid GPS /ip undefined /subnet undefined /network undefined /sap XXXXXX /dark" finished with return code 1. Output:

ERROR 2013-06-09 20:15:59.471

MOS-01011  '.\NTCLUSTER\crclgrp.exe' returned with '1'.

ERROR 2013-06-09 20:15:59.487

FCO-00011  The step CreateSAPClusterGroup with step key |MSCS_A|windows|ind|ind|ind|0|0|CreateSAPClusterGroup|windows|ind|ind|ind|11|0|CreateSAPClusterGroup was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: '.\NTCLUSTER\crclgrp.exe' returned with '1'.).

Regards,

Venkatesh Iyer

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

I thing ECC 6.0 NW 7.0 SR1 will not support windows 2008 enterprise system better you can try with ECC 6.0 NW 7.0 SR3 and also kindly check the htts://service.sap.com/pam(for this require Suser id)

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

Just press the 'Retry' 3 to 4 time, i thing it will completed the installation successfully, because we are faced same issue in our Cluster installations

Thanks

Sriram

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

It maybe some problem with the ip address definition to hostname:

9.6.2013, 20:16:2, ntclcluster.cpp, 331, CreateIPAddress: NetworkName undefined not found in NetworkNameList

Try to execute ping -a <IP>.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

when you create it manually does it work?

can you also give us more info regarding op sys and installation disc number you are using?

Let us know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

The os is windows server 2008  enterprise sp 2.I tried creating manually but its not working.I get error cluster resource not found.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

it seems to me a problem of missing authorisations. which user are u using? what autorisations have u granted to this user?

are u on the node where tehere is the quorum?

when you open clus admin (i assume you are using the interface and not the op sys command) do you receive hany warnings or errors?

In the operating system events, do you see any errors that can be helpful?

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi andrea

i created a user sapha and gave it a domain administrator and local administrator privelege on both the nodes.yes the quorum is on the first node only. There isnt any error when i open the clus management.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkatesh iyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

even if the link is for a 4.7

this thread http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=147753

should help you.

Let us know how it goes

a