cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Programing performance and use ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know

• what is the use of Dynamic Programing
  • In which scenario we go for Dynamic Programing ?
  • Does Dynamic Programing Increase Performance of Web dynpro.?
  • What are the advantages and disadvantages of Dynamic Programing

In my opinion Dynamic programing will decrease the performance , as the creation of context and UI elements will need the creation of various

objects and implementation of methods.

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful links...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kutjohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Dynamic programming is not something that we use in our every day coding requirements.

It is most of the time requirement specific.There might be cases where you cannot predict the result or something that can be determined only during run time, in those cases we adopt dynamic programming.

For Example:

Suppose we have a requirement to create a movie ticket reservation application, where we are supposed to load only the seats that are available. In this case we can dynamically create the UI element ( say Check-box ) that represents the seat according to the availability.You can achieve the same using static programming also(Using check-boxes and their visibility property).But dynamic programming will be more generic, in case you are adding more seats in the hall ,you don't have to edit the view to add more check boxes.

I don't know how exactly dynamic programming affects the performance. But I feel it should perform better.

For example : If you are generating the UI elements dynamically only when required rather than creating it statically and manipulating the visibility using flags will perform better.It will not render something that is not already existing(in case of dynamic programming) while loading the view.

If you take the case of an ALV you can use the same ALV component usage to map to different context nodes dynamically rather than having different statically bound ALV component usages for different ALVs.

ie.. you can use same ALV to display different context-nodes values and you don't have to create many ALVs.

And the only disadvantage that I see in dynamic coding is the complexity of the code.But you will get to know more about the methods and properties related to a UI component and definitely you will have more control over each and every UI element.

And personally I'm a big fan of dynamic programming.

Hope this was helpful.

Regards JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Got some clear picture on dynamic programming. Thanks for the clear explanation.

kutjohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Happy to know that it was useful.