Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login SAP with virtual host name in MSCS installation SRM 701

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have installed SAP SRM 701 on windows 2008 R2 with SQL server database 2008 R2. I have used software provisioning manager.  I have installed as given below :

1. First node preparation : ASCS and ERS .. ASCS on shared drive and ERS on local drive : Node -1

2. Database instance : on shared drive

3. Second node preparation : ERS on local drive  : Node 2

4. PAS installation on local drive : Node -1

5. AAS on local drive : Node 2

I am able to connect to my SAP system from sapgui by using node 1 and node 2 physical host name but unable to connect with virtual host.

Node :1   ASCS : 00   , ERS : 03 , PAS : 01

Node : 2 ERS : 04  AAS : 02

sapgrp is virtual host name.

When I connect sapgui node-1 01 and sapgui node-2 02 I am able to connect. But when I am trying to connect with

sapgui sapgrp 00 I am unable to connect. Can some one help me please?

Thanks

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

1. In SAPGRP group you may define the IP address & DNS Name with that name you can connect the sapgui,

2 In Windows MSCS Console SAPGRP group showing online?

Could you pls check and tell us

Thanks

Ram

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ram

1. In SAPGRP group you may define the IP address & DNS Name with that name you can connect the sapgui,

--> sapgrp is the virtual host name which we have used. I do not get exact what are you trying to say. Can you please explain in brief. I can telnel sapgrp 3200 port.

2 In Windows MSCS Console SAPGRP group showing online?

--> Yes it is online

Thanks

Atul

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

In Failover cluster management console, select the SAPGRP under that you may already define the server name, file server, disk drivers & other resources in that what is the server name? for your reference I have attached the sample screen shots

With the server name you can able to connect the virtual name. Or kindly paste the cluster management console with sapgrp

Thanks

Ram

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

Please see the attached snapshot of cluster. Please suggest.

Thanks

Atul

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

thanks for you information.

Kindly execute the sapgui sapgrp 01

Thanks

Ram

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ram

Thanks for your reply

I was able to connect with sapgui sapgrp 01.  My next doubt is what instance number we should use for defining RFC or in sapgui. If we give instance number 01 which PAS then the request will never go to AAS 02 .  Also what entry should my end user needs to give in sapgui so that if node - a fails then user should able to login in node B.

Thanks

Atul

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

In all the RFC you have maintenance the virtual system name (SAPGRP) and instance number 01. Then instance number of both cluster node should be same for e.g. – when you are execute the command sapgui (physical cluster node1) 01 & sapgui (physical cluster node2) 01. Could you pls paste the sap management console screen for both the cluster system and also you can refer the Installation master guide it will have the full information about the cluster installation

Thanks & Regards

Sriram